Photo

Russian Entrepeneurs Exploit Marketing Niche!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bob

Bob

• PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:40 AM

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Igor Volodin believes vodka is no more harmful than chocolate. He is proud to be the first Russian to produce the spirit in a special women's version, designed to be sipped with salad after a workout in the gym.

For my lungs and heart, I'll spend 20 minutes on the treadmill. I'll perk up the tushy with the stair machine, and work the upper body machines to make my chest look good, and do crunches to keep the abs as a full 6-pack. But what to do for my liver? I know! I'll drink a bottle of vodka!

#2 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

Leave it to the Russians. At least its not bacon flavored…
"I will show you something different from either Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
-The Waste Land

“…and it’s appropriate to serve them, as long as you serve them appropriately.”
-Jules

#3 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Bottle a day keeps the doctor away as the old proverb says. Our Ladies have cranberry brandy designed especially for them and a whole range of liqueurs as well as beers, so their own vodka is the next step. The price is quite attractive as well.

The vodka comes in upscale and mixer varieties as well as almond, lime and vanilla flavors. All versions are 40 percent alcohol, just as strong as any other.

Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#4 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

Bless their hearts! I did have to admire the women in Europe when I lived there; how I loved them so. I had a neighbor lady who, religiously every Tuesday would meet her friends at the pub for krystalweissen and Jaegermeister, only to end the evening at home with a bottle of red wine.

But she was up early every Wednesday for work.
"I will show you something different from either Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
-The Waste Land

-Jules

#5 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Well, we know what's next ...

Attached File  hello_vodka.jpg   17.59KB   2 downloads

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#6 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,801 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

At least its not bacon flavored…

Don't knock it till you try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#7 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

Well, we know what's next ...

In Russia, kids are allowed to shoot a shot or two at weddings, funerals, etc. At the age of 15, 30% of them are hardline alcoholics already who finish their adventure boosted with eau de cologne, pesticides imbibing not getting to the ripe old age of 40. It is sad but if market demands that move, I won't be surprised, especially as regards Russia.
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#8 fredfry

fredfry

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Yummy for the tummy! ;)

#9 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Don't knock it till you try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough Shabba; I accept your challenge if I can ever make it to the damn East Coaster! ;) Soon enough though.

Absinthist- You’re right, sadly. St. Petersburgh frightened me. And we think we have it hard…
-The Waste Land

-Jules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association