Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,727 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

Floris Bar
12 Getrouwheidsgang | impasse de la Fidélité

Expensive, but has anywhere from 200-250 different types of absinthe, along with hundreds of different vodkas, rums, tequilas, etc.

Open from 8 pm-6 am

A side attraction is the Delirium Bar, right out front, with more than 2500 beers.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#2 absinthia

absinthia

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Floris Bar is a wonderful place, where you can sit and amaze yourself with the young public burning high proof mouthwash and toilet cleaner. There are, luckily, also decent absinthe brands for sale, for the right amount of money like Brian said. These come with a small water decanter, so they know how good absinthe is served, they just don't care about what's right and what's not and about making money on misconceptions.

The Delirium Bar is far more interesting, at least to foreigners I think. It's from the same people who own the Floris Bar (and the new rum bar next to the Floris which opened recently). Every Belgian brand is available there, as well as a load of foreign beers. If you want to learn about Belgian beers, that's the place to go. If you take a Belgian along to help you choose from the enormous menu.

I volunteer :)
One day, absinthe will drink me

#3 Stomp Brockmore

Stomp Brockmore

stabbed in the face.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

The beer menu at Delerium is a massive, massive binder. More like a phone book than a menu. It's a great place, though very rowdy, touristy. Fun though (even if the keg tables are kind of difficult to sit around)

I drank a lot of absinthe at Floris, because, hey, it was a good opportunity to try a bunch of stuff I hadn't before. But yeah, not cheap. The crowd was similar to Delerium, though a little thinner. Less touristy too. Young and rowdy.

#4 Navidson

Navidson

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

About to head to Floris in the next few days.  Anything in particular I should try? 

#5 Alan Moss

Alan Moss

absinthe-suisse.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

They have about 400 lines in total. But they have taken down the online menu, so I cannot be specific. Anything you can order online from the European vendors is there, and usually at good prices.

www.laclandestine.com: Hand-crafted in the birthplace of absinthe.

#6 Navidson

Navidson

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Alright, headed there tonight.  I'll let you know what I try.

#7 Navidson

Navidson

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

I ended up getting Jade Edouard and it was fantastic.  I was so excited to see Jade I didn't think about the fact that I could probably find it cheaper back in the States.  Alas, it was a good experience and I will be back soon for some of the European lines.  

They definitely had a good selection, but there were also tables of fratboys doing shots of absinthe, the poor guy next to me at the bar had done something through a straw they claimed was 190 proof, and the people further down had flaming sugar cubes.  But my absinthe was prepared perfectly with a fountain and no one tried to peddle me any of the aforementioned horrors once I said "Jade," so that was nice.

Edited by Navidson, 15 June 2013 - 12:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association