Alysoun

An absinthe fan from Rhode Island, USA

Hi All. My name is Allison and I live in Rhode Island and my love of absinthe goes back about 20 years now (with some gaps in between ...)

I want to thank Hiram for approving my membership to let me post and I wanted to say hello and recount to you my discovery of my favorite spirit. I am already a dedicated wine enthusiast. But absinthe is my other favorite alcoholic drink.

It was a homemade absinthe tasted on a rooftop in Boston on July 4th sometime in the mid 80s. Then I had an imported bottle that someone had brought back from Japan as well.

I went without for many years until I found an absinthe lover in Boston. And until he moved away, we'd have tasting parties.

As we both were anise people, we tended to concentrate on the more "sweet" varieties. But we did try some of the high thujone and the more bitter ones. Like an idiot I failed to write most of them down. But my friend and I did many orders from a company in Denmark called Absinth24.net. And I like them very much. They aren't listed among your recommended vendors so I want to bring this company to your attention as being a good online vendor.

I try my best to turn as many of my friends onto absinthe as I can.

The fact that it is now legal will make it much easier to be generous.

It's very nice to have found this forum.

And I look forward to chatting more with all of you.

Best regards and savor your drinks ...

~Allison

:blowup:

My poor eyes. Have mercy. It's like you've put yourself on my ignore user list.

Okay ... sorry I tend to prefer the miniature.

I don't find it to be THAT small!!!

Edited by Alysoun

Welcome to the club. :cheers:

You might prefer the miniature font but your posts are for other people to read. Not all of us have huge screens or great eyes. Personally I can't read more than a sentence of your intro without amplifying my already splitting headache.

Yep, it is. Tiny. Wee. Keep in mind that it looks different on other people's systems.

Welcome, though. :cheers:

A couple of other things: please read the stuff in the READ THIS FIRST section. It'll tell you about things like not quoting the last post, and how to search for things that may have been addressed before, like Absinthe24. It simply doesn't meet our criteria for recommendation.

No sense in repeating what everyone else said except for,

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

Some of us are really old and can see without our specs'. ;)

Okay, fair enough.

I did read all of the stuff in the prelim. folders, etc. ... didn't remember the part about Absith24, with whom I have had a great several experiences but fair enough.

I'll spare the italics for this group, though I prefer them.

In any case, it's nice to be here.

So, erm ... is size 2 to your liking???

~Allison

Edited by Alysoun

Welcome Allison! :cheers: I tend to write small myself (someone said it was because I had something to hide… I dunno). I think your intro gave my eyes a good workout, no complaints! Welcome aboard.

Absith24, with whom I have had a great several experiences but fair enough.

Some people do have great experiences with him. But service should be consistent for all customers and when there are problems quick action should be taken to fix them. Andy is notorious for screwing customers over and for being a grade-a liar. His business also hypes thujone and promotes Czechsinth, two things that will prevent a vendor from being listed in the recommended vendors section. Which is why Alandia is not listed even though their service is usually very good.

:wheelchair: :wheelchair: :wheelchair: :wheelchair:

Howdy Podner. :cheers:

I can read your petite print just fine, but depending upon how often you post I just might end up with some of the similar old-timer-eyes around here.

...we did try some of the high thujone and the more bitter ones. Like an idiot I failed to write most of them down.

Welcome.

Don't feel bad about not writing down the "high-thujone" so-called absinthes...there's a good collection of reviews on the main WS site that will steer you toward the good stuff.