Sign in to follow this  
Brian Robinson

Kübler in Playboy booze review

"... You pour it slowly over a sugar cube and add water to cut the bitterness and the strength"

wow.. according to Playboy I have been doing it all wrong! I've been pouring the water over the sugar cube! :laugh:

Honestly, the only thing I ever look at on the site is the booze and tech reviews. Airbrushed girls with huge fake boobs never appealed to me.

For some reason I'm reminded of an exchange from "Play It Again, Sam" (I think):

Woman: "Sex without love is an empty experience."

Woody Allan: "Yeah, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best."

Playboy was always under-appreciated for its articles.

Bah. That arguement lost its cred AGES ago. I've actually read the articles, and they were always boring as hell... and poorly written to boot.

Maxim is a more enjoyable read, and is 'respectable' enough that you can read it in most public places without getting too many dirty looks.

(Hustler... God, those articles used to be funny. Some old-ass codger at my very first job at a bowling alley? His wife made him throw out his entire collection. He brought it in to work one day instead, and gave it all to me and the other 15 year old porter. Funny reading.)

Kay, I'm done now.

Bah. That arguement lost its cred AGES ago.

I was basically referring to the sixties, and earlier...by the time I was 16 (being both an extremely avid reader, and an irredeemable pervert), I found Playboy to be too tame, and lame on both literary, and pictorial levels.

Oh, and what Pan said. :tongue:

Honestly, the only thing I ever look at on the site is the booze and tech reviews. Airbrushed girls with huge fake boobs never appealed to me.

Agreed! More than a mouthfull is a waste. I hate fake woman...

I remember in the past some "Playboy Interviews" were very nice...... but it has been a very long time that I don't look at that magazine... :devil:

- Marcelo

Airbrushed girls with huge fake boobs never appealed to me.

And, as long as were on the subject, (ladies, please take no offense), but what's with the "clean-shaven" look so popular these days? :dry:

These days?

It's been decades, already.

Playboy was always under-appreciated for its articles.

:shock: Playboy has articles?

Yes, and most of them are feminine. :devil:

And, as long as were on the subject, (ladies, please take no offense), but what's with the "clean-shaven" look so popular these days? :dry:

....nothing can take the fun out of a nice variant like making it ubiquitous.

I'm actually okay with this trend. I don't need a ton of parsley around when I am trying to eat my steak.

Ahem... so yeah. That was a good article in the magazine.

I'm actually okay with this trend. I don't need a ton of parsley around when I am trying to eat my steak.

:laugh:

Well, I don't necessarily want a whole shrub, but there's something to be said for a bit of garnish...

Edited by sardonix

I'm good with the article. A pretty fair piece. The booze wasn't abused.

OK, you can re-arrange the letters any way you'd like. :dev-cheers:

Well, crudity aside, like most fashions it is popular for any number of reasons. Ultimately, it is because it makes their partners happy or it is an attempt to make their partners happy. I'm guessing you probably succumb to the whims of fashion to please someone, too.

“Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.” Thoreau

As this thread is open to public viewing, I would also encourage a little sensitivity to the wandering reader lest we appear sexist.