JJBlanche

Is Kübler really an absinthe?

Have you tried the CCC?

A.A. and... A.A.

Yup. I love it. If it were available in larger bottles, I'd buy it every time it's offered.

As for Zman's quote, I took that to mean it needed more wormwood flavor, not necessarily quantity. I may have been wrong.

Then I (partially) agree about the flavor, depending on the A.A. source.

As was already mentioned before, even the Wormwood Blanche, which had some of the most flavorful Wormwood notes I've ever tried tested well below the 10 ppm threshold.

Mentioned where btw? That's wrong.

And I can't even talk about the thujone amount in the CCC where a very good A.A. was sourced and used in big quantities ;)

It's amazing how less flavour some of those Polish distillers extract from just a dirty spirit base, some low-grade wormwood and 0 months to 0 years of impatient unaging.

WTF?

I remember how it was written initially, do not pull my leg, who ever did it:

It's amazing how less flavour some of those Swiss distillers extract from just a dirty spirit base, some low-grade wormwood and 0 months to 0 years of impatient unaging

Bitter truth can hurt.

It's amazing how less flavour some of those Polish distillers extract from just a dirty spirit base, some low-grade wormwood and 0 months to 0 years of impatient unaging.
WTF?

I remember how it was written initially, do not pull my leg, who ever did it:

It's amazing how less flavour some of those Swiss distillers extract from just a dirty spirit base, some low-grade wormwood and 0 months to 0 years of impatient unaging

Bitter truth can hurt.

Actually no, that is incorrect. What you originally posted was more like:
It's amazing how less flavor some of those Swiss distillers extract from just a low-quality spirit base, some bad anise, and 0 months to 0 years of impatient unaging.

The important point being that you put your slur in Absomphe's mouth. I simply put the words back in your own mouth with a new and improved flavor.

"Bitter truth can hurt"? Apparently. It certainly seems to have ticked you off. That illustrates your problem, you fail to grasp—as have others—that WS isn't about hurting anyone, it's about educating them. I'm sorry your bon mot fizzled on you.

Of course, I usually find the bitter truth to be quite palatable, which probably comes from my early years as a hophead, as well as my relative imperviousness to the sting of the typed slur. ;) :cheers:

As was already mentioned before, even the Wormwood Blanche, which had some of the most flavorful Wormwood notes I've ever tried tested well below the 10 ppm threshold.

Mentioned where btw? That's wrong.

I can't find where I saw numbers for Wormwood Blanche now. I know I've seen eric and others post that L'Artisanale was tested to have 0.7mg/L thujone and I'm 99% certain I saw a similarly low number posted for Wormwood Blanche.

The important point being that you put your slur in Absomphe's mouth. I simply put the words back in your own mouth with a new and improved flavor.

And, surprisingly, he has not opposed it; moreover, has not felt hurt. Btw, correctly it is called a parody (as the meaning remained the same), not a slur.

Just to get back to the topic for a second, I just had my first glass of Kübler last night and I was very pleasantly surprised. Some of the comments floating around had me prepared to initially dislike it (as I did with Lucid), but no! Right from the first sip I found it to be quite refreshing. It certainly has the characteristics I expect in an Absinthe, but in a different configuration than I have experienced before. Yum! :cheers:

We now return you to the parody versus slur debate, already in progress.

I hope someday America has lots of different absinthes on the shelves. More than just Lucid and Kübler.

Maybe some aged Polish spirits too. Variety is the spice of life, someone important once said. (I don't know who, maybe my grandma.)

:cheers:

I have had some dangerously good Spirytu my friends grandmother made. Intriguing taste, but I am afraid to buy the dusty bottle off the shady ethnic liquor store shelf.

I have been sipping on the Kübler now for a few days, and find it very refreshing. The mouth-feel is quite nice, and the taste is good. However, anise is far too dominant. The wormwood and other nuances are certainly there, but very handicapped. By contrast, the lucid may have a better balance, but lacks anything that can be called decent mouthfeel at beyond 2:1. Unfortunately, at 2:1 the alcohol heat is just too much. ...and even though it has "better balance," the flavors are still muted. Lucid does, however, seem to have more pronounced "secondaries" when compared to the Kübler, for what that's worth, and some pleasant citrus notes that are wholly absent in the Kübler.

At this point, I'm a little tired of "close, but not right." I think I'm going to drop a few C-notes on LdF. I've wanted to try PF 1901 for sometime now...anything else that I should include in my three bottle limit?

Edited by JJBlanche

I'll piggy back on JJBlanche's question here.

I'm about out of VdF and am thinking of doing a LdF order in the relatively near future.

Was thinking of throwing a blanche in. I like Clandestine La Bleu, but would like to get something a bit more Wormwood forward.

BdF? Combier Blanchette?

To the original question.....

Yes.

By the way, everyone, Shoppers Vineyard has Kübler on sale for $40 a bottle. Also, DrinkupNY is doing away with their free shipping for orders over $49.99 (now it's for orders over $99.99).