printmkr

Latest in Legal USA Absinthes?

Quick question on the Stromu, does it use mint in place of anise like most Czech stuff or is it a straight up cheap wormwood/alcohol bomb, read the reviews on here but it didnt mention much of flavoring if there was any.

I believe it is the green one, but that opinion is based solely on the listed colorants.

I wonder if they'll bring over Stromu yellow? :tongue:

Who like who, but why dontcha PTFA?

and what about the famous Añejo Jaune Especial Reserva™?

Quick question on the Stromu, does it use mint in place of anise like most Czech stuff or is it a straight up cheap wormwood/alcohol bomb, read the reviews on here but it didnt mention much of flavoring if there was any.

There is anise in Stromu but so little than it would NEVER cause it to louche anyhow, but that is there, less mint, more wormwood stalks and undefiniable shit (almost the same).

Who like who, butt why dontcha PTFA?

I'll PTFA if you STFU. :twitchsmile:

FYI, I'm fluent in Spanish, not French. My French is limited to words that are closely affiliated with absinthe and/or spelled similar to a Spanish word of the same meaning.

I wasn't expecting neither Spanish Inquisition nor Cardinal Richelieu hosts :devil:

If the words are so, "jaune" is well-known to you, so is the term for yellow Stromu.

And everybody's happy. Still, what wonders me how they get away with that crap, especially when they have lied on the label as regards method of production, history of Stromu, etc. Are FDA blind? They do not realize what is happening in Europe?

Still, what wonders me how they get away with that crap, especially when they have lied on the label as regards .. history of Stromu, etc.

I was unsure whether the label reference to 15:18 was Central European Time and whether it included Daylight Savings ...

Distillery as such was created in 1518 but its portfolio back then contained only various brandies, in the end of 17th they started distilling rye (so quite late when compared with the rest of Europe) and one of the oldest products of Starorezna is either that or the aforementioned brandies, NOT anything what might have contained wormwood; piołunówka was created in Cracow, not Prostejov.

The association with devils, pagans, witches is particularly unjust for wormwood since it was St.Hildegard who introduced that sacred herb and several others nudge nudge wink wink in European monasteries, not those. Again, first of all, it was in 1150 and secondly it was in Rupertsberg, not Prostejov.

I wasn't expecting neither Spanish Inquisition...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. :devil:

...I see that Nouvelle-Orleans Superieure has been approved by the TTB!

Funny how...

THE FINISHED PRODUCT MUST BE THROUGH JONE FREE PARSUANT TO 21 CFR 172.510.
(emphasis added). I figured it would need to be thujone free (i.e., <10ppm) but through jone free... how does one test for that? :wacko:

All kidding aside, if discovered, an error like that could result in a delay or revocation of approval till it gets resolved.

I'm also curious to see if the label design has been changed.

Just got back from a local store, and all they had to choose from was Mati Hari, Lucid, Absente and the new Pernod Absinthe. In bold letters on the bottle of Pernod stood out: Artificial colours.

So I decided upon a twelve pack of imported beer instead.

I'm also curious to see if the label design has been changed.

Click on the "Printable Version" link on the TTB page you linked to.

All kidding aside, if discovered, an error like that could result in a delay or revocation of approval till it gets resolved.

I believe that the first link (not the printable one) is entered via character recognition software. The original version is spelled correctly.