Sign in to follow this  
Trid

So, how do you know that Absinthe has hit the mainstream?

I really should have put in something for a size reference... It's about the size of a bottle of White Out, no more than an inch and a half tall.

Bigger than I wanted it to be, but finding tiny bottles ain't easy! This one is actually full of bubble solution and came from a wedding supply store.

Retro, that's great! It took me a second to realize it was a miniature!

Here's my contribution — just in time for Christmas '08.....

CestlheureBarbie-1.jpg

When people who didn't give a sh!t before are now talking about Lucid as if it's the next big thing.

/late to the game, as usual.

When Hollywood starlets are spotted drinking the stuff in Las Vegas....

Of course I'm told that it's the new fangled thing to do shots of Lucid in Vegas now, what a waste :thumbdown:

Too late already in a rap music video :thumbdown: that just so happens to be in Vegas and they are "drinking" Lucid. I have already seen "stars" drinking absinthe in Vegas.

Hey Timbo, which rap video is it? Even done wrong I'd be interested to see it. :devil:

Maybe Barbie would like to party with the Great and Powerful Oz.
He's excellent!

Power is its own aphrodisiac, but still.....I'm concerned about the age gap. What if "C'est l'heure" Barbie doesn't like older men? I'd hate to see Oz get hurt.

Hey Timbo, which rap video is it? Even done wrong I'd be interested to see it. :devil:

It was a song called Lollipop by Lil Wayne. Its about 3 min. in, when I originally saw the video I thought I saw more footage of it and thought they were drinking Lucid, but they are "drinking" LTV. Maybe it was a different video with the lucid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

Milli Vanilli for a new millenium. That is A LOT of autotune.

Sheesh.

EDIT: I just had a look at around the 3 min mark. It's an absinthe fountain alright, but the poison is La Tourment as far as I can tell.

Ya the first time I watch the video I could sworn they were drinking Lucid neat out of the glasses, even straight from the bottle, maybe it was a different video I saw

Or I imagined it while drinking my Kübler(just kidding), but I dont think so :cheers:

Edited by Timbo

Did he say, "Habsburg"? That's not absinthe.

I always forget to put that near the top of my bottom ten list.

Thanks for the reminder, sort of.

RE: Flaming Shots.

Absinthe or not, what sort of imbecile drinks a flaming shot while it's still lit?

Good question, but watching that guy blow like puff the magic dragon is funny as hell...

The day Maine liquor stores stocking ANYTHING besides Absente will be a day worth celebrating. But I'm not holding my breath.

I can't believe the consumer demand for Absente could possibly be larger the demand for any real absinthe. It doesn't matter how cheaply you price decaf coffee or near-beer. Most people will want the real thing.