Back on track.

While on the Ridge, Jules added some soda water to her orangecello and it was quite pleasant.

I may do that this warm Sunday afternoon.

Thank you Jules. :heart:

Just my way of saying thank you for spending time with us, it was enjoyable for me if nobody else.

It was a great time. I miss you both.

Lemon-limecello is tasty to me. Just to me though........nobody else. :devil:

Evan likes it too. I only know this because I got a taste of the lemon and orange, but the lemon-lime mysteriously disappeared. :harhar:

I got mine (er, Mary's) at Sanoma Williams.

That would be Williams-Sanoma. I don't get out much.

Actually, it would be Williams-Sonoma :wave2: , but in either case, I wholeheartedly agree. The microplane is the way to go for all zesting projects in my bar.

Lemon_lime_cello.jpg

Here is my experiment thus far. 1 lemon in just enough 190 proof Everclear to cover it for 5 days, agitating daily. Then 1 lime in the same solution for 3 days (due to the thinner skin of the lime compared to the lemon). The solution has now been strained through a coffee filter but not yet combined with a simple syrup. I've got 3/4 cup of the lemon-lime-Everclear solution so I need to do some math to figure out how much simple syrup I need to combine to bring it down to the correct proof.

Add 1 1/4 cup of simple syrup and see how that goes. Make a bit more and adjust as you go. Some like it a bit hot and some like it a bit less hot than others. There are two people in your place you must please.

Seems like I do mine about 1 1/2 parts simple syrup to 1 part zest booze.

Try that.

Should be about 38% Pardon my math. I'm not on my game lately.

Love the color! :)

It turned out quite the color of absinthe, didn't it! I'll start w/1 cup of ss and go up from there. I made about 1.5 cups of ss to play with. If this works, I'll never zest citrus again!

Doc, I believe you just told a falsehood. Give it a try, Ice cold. Have FAC try it.

Put the shot glasses in the freezer also.

Check with us tomorrow.

I expect a smile on two faces. I have orangecello made. I can bring it next weekend and we can compare notes. There WILL be smiles! By Gawd!

:cheers:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Looks like the right stuff!

And it tastes good?

Awesome Doc!

Add a couple straws and a pic of you and FAC with silly grins and it's a keeper. ;)

This is sooooo much better than my other efforts and way simpler. I sampled it a room temp and it's pretty good. I just need to throw it in the freezer for Friday. We're having a few guests over. They can vote thumbs up or thumbs down on it then.

You know, that's the right attitude and I should adopt it.

The thing about sharing is that rarely does anyone complain.

Funny story about my uncle and pie. He had a friend over to his parents' house and asked the kid if he wanted "a pie". The kid said yes, so my uncle cut out a 1/4 wedge of a pie. The kid thought he was getting the wedge. Nope. He got the 3/4 of the pie left with milk poured in the open space.

This is sooooo much better than my other efforts and way simpler.

:thumbup: Excellent! So, just curious -- did you find a use for the fruit? When we did all of our recent zesting, we made lemon-limeade (of course) with the naked fruit. How about your bathed fruit? Was it still pretty firm and juice-able when it came out? Would the juice be boozy? Hmmm ....

I cut open the lemon and the lime when I took them out just to see how deeply the ETOH penetrated. The rinds were shriveled, but the fruit was still firm and juicy but alcoholic as hell. The only thing you could make w/them would be a hard lemon/limeade. I just pitched them.

I'd eat it.

The thing about sharing is that rarely does anyone complain.

Well, there was that one time when Oxy designated a few of us The Chosen... :laugh: ;)

Edited by Absomphe

While The Chosen were doing their thing. The blind, (see avatar) bought his and lived to tell about it.

I did not share. I did not care. There was a chair. It had no hair. It was :puke: ++

:laugh: