Yep. She hasn't let me try it.
I think I'm funny but no one else does.

#62 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

I have a friend of mine who is the proprietor of one of the most highly rated Italian Restaurants in the Pearl and Portland..just down the street.. He was simply amazed at the lemoncello and the orangecello...
:)
"Everything is on its way to somewhere" (Albert Einstein)

#63 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

The stuff is made for sharing and sipping. Sounds like you did a right fine job oglala56. :cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#64 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

The stuff is made for sharing and sipping. Sounds like you did a right fine job oglala56. :cheers:

Thanks to the "Cello" Master... :worshippy:

#65 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

Kath, your problem is that you asked! Use your ninja skills to sneak in for a sip.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#66 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

I put the orangecello out in a snowbank to chill yesterday. A.A. walked right past it. What was she thinking?
I am the wood nymph.

#67 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

Must have been in awe...

#68 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

So much for ninja skills.

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#69 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,724 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Kath, your problem is that you asked! Use your ninja skills to sneak in for a sip.

Kind of like how we did that last night of green week?

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#70 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

Why, oh why would we not share with the Attack Accountant? ;)

Try macerating your zest in Everclear. While that's soaking, take two cups of sugar ...

Here's the fun part, make simple syrup. I think I use six cups water and six cups of sugar.

#71 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Surely one frozen shot glass worth of goodness wouldn't hurt?!

Kind of like how we did that last night of green week?

Exactly like that! Just wait for them to go to sleep.

#72 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

You just thought we were asleep. I had no idea grown men could giggle so much at 3am. :harhar:
I am the wood nymph.

#73 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

HAHAHA.

Yep. We did do a little giggling. But in all fairness, there were two gals present too.

#74 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

I was reading this topic and saw that you make Limoncello yourselves. I have one friend from Palermo in Italy who also makes Lemoncello with his own limes (do we use limes or lemons ?), he uses alcohol of grapes, and I noticed that some people here use vodka....

Well.... I never made myself and did not want to ruin my next cocktail, so I bought a bottle of Caravella Limoncello here in the local liquor store. Is this a good brand ?

So... a few questions :

- there was somewhere (but did not find again) someone suggesting a drink of limoncello with absinthe, can you please repeat the recipe here ?

- is it really easy, better or cost-effective to really make home made limoncello ? Can you please also put a recipe ? I am particularly very suspicious to prepare home made alcohol..... I don't even like to change my tires, I call AAA, so I have the same kind of attitude in making m own booze, I made beer 25 years ago, and don't want to repeat the mess for a beer that is not good as something that I can buy.....

Cooking is different... I enjoy it...

Thanks for info on these subjects.

- Marcelo

#75 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:28 AM

I don't want to appear testy MGS but there are very specific recipes in this thread. There are at least two very clear step-by-step recipes on the first page alone.

#76 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:56 AM

thanks.... I read the first message in this topic. It is possible to follow what was written there for sure.... However, it is a "little fuzzy"..... in the message he says ".... I generally put 2 shots lemoncello to 1 shot Svedka Vodka..."

put 2 shots lemoncello to 1 shot of vodka ? If we are making lemoncello how to we put 2 shots of lemoncello (recursive computation).......

is it 2 shots of squeezed lemon instead ???

what is "everclear" ? (that was not mentioned in the recipe)

a "formal recipe" would be nice..... if I am not bothering too much....

cheers,

- mgs

Edited by mgs, 15 April 2010 - 05:59 AM.

#77 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:57 AM

Everclear is grain alcohol. It's not available in every state, but there are other options too. There are 75% and 95% versions.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#78 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:01 AM

Brian, I just corrected my post, because there was something "fuzzy" in the recipe (adding two shots of lemoncello, to make lemoncello). please take a look on the corrected post. It is not clear what to use, vodka or everclear..... or what ? and how ?

thanks a lot,

- Marcelo

#79 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

As Joe said, there are several recipes already shown in the thread.

Start here and read the following 3 posts. You'll have all the info you need.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#80 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:09 AM

there was something "fuzzy" in the recipe (adding two shots of lemoncello, to make lemoncello).

Did you read the full post? He was explaining what he does with the limoncello to make a spritzer.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#81 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

thanks guys !

as a first time forum user, I still have to get used in how the information flows. Reading a forum is a "non-linear process".... it seems linear for people who are involved in the thread from the beggining, but not for a user who needs to understands the overall thinking.

someday in my life I will try to make lemoncello, it seems complicate, and I will not have many opportunities to adjust mistakes..... as in another cooking topic someone said that "his skills for cooking were topped for preparing oatmeal"..... it seems to me that my skills for "booze making" are topped by mixing honey with cachaša and let it in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving...

anyway, it is fun all this information.

today I have to finish an important webpage project for work, and will probably be "out" till whenever....

sa˙de !

- Marcelo

#82 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

thanks guys !
as a first time forum user, I still have to get used in how the information flows. Reading a forum is a "non-linear process"....

Sometimes threads become little more than a stream of (un)consciousness and sometimes they get terribly derailed. I understand how it might be difficult to follow the flow. Read carefully before you ask a question that has a pretty clear answer or two hidden in all that witty banter. It could appear you want someone else to do your homework for you when the answer is right in front of you.

I'll also concede that if English isn't your native language, it can be doubly confusing. :cheers:

#83 ignis

ignis

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

I'll also concede that if English isn't your native language,

I can see how you get frustrated with the skipping of research but I commend you Joe for your diplomacy, the sentence quoted above is the reason for my response. As a learning Deutsch speaker i know how easy it is to skim knowledge and miss facts, obviously mgs has skimmed and mised detail, thats ok, as you guys arent a punishing lot, someone posted a link as to where to start reading so mgs, if you want a recipe there it is in its full glory if you want to know what everclear is then google is your friend. As an engineer I'm sure you can adapt and overcome if everclear is not an option where you are.

any way you blokes make this sound pretty nice so I might give it a go myself
"I just want silence. Jesus, it doesn't mean I don't like you. It just means right now, I like silence more."

#84 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

Try it! It's tasty. :cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#85 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

Mgs, do you have the forum set in outline mode? That could be the issue.

At the top right corner of the forum page, right under the New Topic button, there's an 'Options' pull down menu. Check to see if it's on 'Standard'. If not, switch to that. The Outline format is really a pain in the ass to read.

Attached File  options.JPG   6.81KB   0 downloads

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#86 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

thanks guys.

sure, English is not my mother tongue.... but it is my tool to survive..... being an university professor, English is the way to transfer knowledge, discuss with students and other professors, and write technical engineering papers and books...

I don't think that English here is the problem. Everything is new for me. Of course I could have googled "everclear"..... and avoid a question..... but if the recipe is only for "initiated people" it becomes hard to go from a neophyte grade to an illuminated grade.... Luscious Oily Lesbians! (and i will keep here the L-O-Ll because I love the way that this website converts this string).

Sa˙de,

- Marcelo

#87 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,724 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

My gut feeling is that it is easier to make lemoncello than wine, beer or mead. Although I've only tried making lemoncello...

Edited by baubel, 15 April 2010 - 05:12 PM.

#88 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

The Flathead Cherries were wonderful this year. I took the last fruit off our Flathead Cherry tree (fighting off bees and laughing at memories of Precenphix) and after a good washing and eating several handfuls of cherries, decided a Cherricello was in order. I have a gallon of Flathead Cherries and Everclear happily soaking away.

Perhaps I'll follow-up this experiment with some of our Raspberries, Gooseberries and Rainier Cherries tomorrow.

#89 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

If it's even half as good as eating the cherries right off your trees, then it will be a fine beverage indeed.

#90 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,724 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

Gooseberries are fricken awesome.

I started a small batch of blueberrycello last week. It's my full intention to try prickly-pearcello again this year and get it right this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association