• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#31 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

I followed your and Gwydion's recipes, they are very similar...I used Sorrento lemon from a import friend of mine...I used 18...I zested the lemons...this is the 8th day and the zest are totally white now and the alcohol is a very deep yellow. I have been gently shaking the mix once every day...will keep an update..

I'd say it's about time to strain and mix in the simple syrup....I hope you've made already. *grin*

There is no doubt in my mind that you used plenty of lemon. Good luck!
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#32 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:54 AM

Bill, if you use 6 lemons less than what he made, my face is already puckered thinking about his!
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#33 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:01 AM

In this case it could be the size of the lemon. I know, size isn't supposed to matter but I still can't wear a size 6 shoe. Well, I can but I'd walk funny, kind of like he'll walk after a few sips of the lemoncello.
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#34 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:05 AM

Mmmm. I can feel the frosty shot glass in my fingers.

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#35 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:09 AM

Man that stuff is good goins'. JMHO of course. There is some at the Ridge and some at home. You have options now when you get back.

#36 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:14 AM

I'm sure we'll be doing both. And since the contents of my place will be packed and moved this month or next, I may very well take up that spare bedroom of yours when I visit the City (if I'm not over at the family's place)! Then we can go collect Baubel and make our annual summer migration up North.

#37 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:36 AM

You guys had better pack your leather gloves, clippers and flyrods. It's going to be a busy summer.

#38 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:43 AM

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I'm willing to bet that Bill already has those things in his truck.

#39 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

I followed your and Gwydion's recipes, they are very similar...I used Sorrento lemon from a import friend of mine...I used 18...I zested the lemons...this is the 8th day and the zest are totally white now and the alcohol is a very deep yellow. I have been gently shaking the mix once every day...will keep an update..

I'd say it's about time to strain and mix in the simple syrup....I hope you've made already. *grin*

I will be doing that tonight...Thanks again..the aroma is awesome...
"Everything is on its way to somewhere" (Albert Einstein)

#40 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,724 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

You guys had better pack your leather gloves, clippers and flyrods. It's going to be a busy summer.

I'll be going to a store with an experienced neighbor to get some of those goodies any day now. There's a tiny lake that's hidden away down here that I know about as well. Perfect for practicing. :devil:

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#41 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

I will be doing that tonight...Thanks again..the aroma is awesome...

The Lemoncello turned out perfect...Really excellent...I just mixed with a tangerine lime Hansen's. Really outstanding...Here is a picture of a frosted bottle of Lemoncello...I am sure you can recognize the empty bottle I used...I really enjoyed emptying that bottle... :thumbup:

Posted Image

#42 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

Next..Orangecello....as the oranges are larger will need to adjust..

#43 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:14 AM

Any thoughts on the # of oranges....

#44 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:07 AM

10 to 12 or what ever feels right. Too much and it may be too strong.....as if that's an issue around these parts. *smiley wink emoticon*

#45 Jazper

Jazper

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

There is some at the Ridge and some at home.

Ridge's sample is making a tour at the Torres homestead. Let's just hope it has life after a stint at the Torres bar. Wifey likey! She mixed it with soy milk and a splash of soda the other night and declared it heavenly!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

#46 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

soy milk and a splash of soda

Wha?!!

#47 Jazper

Jazper

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

Thats what I said....she drank it like candy?
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

#48 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Orangecello is now in the jar..zested 12 oranges..they were rather large.. :thumbup:

#49 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:12 AM

Sounds about right and ought to be yummy to boot. Good luck!

Cheers!

#50 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:45 AM

Sounds about right and ought to be yummy to boot. Good luck!

Cheers!

Thank you..it is apparent that your guidance on making lemoncello and orangecello has shown you to be the "cello" master. :cheers:

#51 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

:laf:

Shux, All I ever wanted to be was the employee of the month. Just once.

It's just booze, enjoy!

Cheers!

Lime is a bit more difficult to zest. Those things have a very thin skin. I hated the work but enjoyed the end result just fine. *smile*

#52 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

Bill is too modest and humble to assume or admit he's good at anything, where in fact he is good at a great number of things. I'm not to humble to admit his skill. His 'cellos are quite good.

#53 drosstogold

drosstogold

• Gold Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

I am sure you can recognize the empty bottle I used...

Yes indeed..looks slimmer in the photo! :)
Please visit
You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you. Isadora Duncan
Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure. Ambrose Bierce

catskillcellars.com

#54 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

Bill is too modest and humble to assume or admit he's good at anything, where in fact he is good at a great number of things.

Very possibly, that qualifies as the Understatement of 2009.

#55 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

I am sure you can recognize the empty bottle I used...

Yes indeed..looks slimmer in the photo! :)

:thumbup:

#56 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

Orangecello is now in the jar..zested 12 oranges..they were rather large.. :thumbup:

Using the Master "cello" (OMG_Bill) recipe, the orangecello has developed into a beautiful orange color and aroma..again the zest has turned completely white... 11 days...

#57 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:29 AM

Kinda kewl ain't it. :)

#58 Gruene Fee

Gruene Fee

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

Exciting! I can't wait to try this when the citrus fruits come back in season.
"The collective strength of our Bullshit Detectors is practically a force of nature." -Gwydion

#59 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

Using the Master "cello" (OMG_Bill) recipe, the orangecello has developed into a beautiful orange color and aroma..again the zest has turned completely white... 11 days...

Orangecello as with the Lemoncello has turned out to be outstanding...Simply delicious..
:cheers:
OMG_Bill Master Cello... :worshippy:

#60 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Yep. Jules guards the cellos OMG left here with a very discerning eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association