Sign in to follow this  
Rick Andress

Have you ever seen OLD absinth like this?

This bottle ..... I am/was close to aquiring from a man in Florida simply because it looked old.

Has anyone seen it before?

It still has its wax seal

Edited by Hardtime

From here that label looks like it came off a dot matrix printer.

I thought the exact same... but the other views of the bottle(that I didn't save) show a truly old bottle and the wax seal looks quite aged. I know that doesn't guarantee anything but for the dirt cheap price I was negotiating I couldn't go wrong

By all accounts I am a newbie but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth anyway. The label on the bottle looks to me like it's the type you get when you buy a brew your own Absinthe kit from Ebay or elsewhere. It looks like someone cooked up some home brew Absinthe bottled it and sealed it themselves for that extra BS fake quality look. Probably something to stay away from until one of the "old timers here give you the green "fairy" light. :)

That is funny as hell.. :laf: :laugh: :laugh: :laf: :laugh:

Although I knew it not to be a sought after item the old bottle with heavy seem-lines on the bottom had me thinking this may be old locally made Florida or La stuff, because that is where the seller is.

I guess I showed my " newbiness"...good lookin out pierreverte

Edited by Hardtime

Without a doubt a self-made concoction; if found as part of an estate sale me thinks the original ‘brewer’ did it up to look old or mysterious for posterity. I wouldn’t drink a free sample let alone buy it. But, at the end of the day its up to you.

There is a different version of the same do it yourself kit that comes from a company/guy called Green Devil, I think this guy Green Devil was interviewed a while back for (I think) a NY Times article, where he was treated like some kind of Absinthe expert. He and his Absinthe products are about as authentic as KOS is to Duplais. :thumbdown: