Wendy

Best Brands for Beginners in the USA

Who are this "they" of which you speak?

"They" are those who are not "We"...of course ;)

Oh, and duh...Welcome Wendy!!!

:cheers:

:cheers: Welcome Wendy, checkout the save money special offers at the Vendors sites ,a good one is LDFs nice little blanche and verte combo "One bottle of Verte de Fougerolles 72 plus a bottle of Blanche de Fougerolles 74,discounted together, so you can enjoy the finest absinthes made by the Paul Devoille distillery!",also if you havent yet,add yourself to the Frappr WS Map and also the WS City thread .... See Ya! :cheers:

Wendy - I'm new to absinthe as well and of the two you mentioned I have tried both Lucid (on my 3rd bottle now :twitchsmile: ) and Kübler and found Kübler to be smoother and to me a bit tastier. I loved the Lucid though so I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just my 2 cents :drunk:

Hey there welcome aboard. I too am rather new to the world of absinthe; however I've never tried any of the locally sold brands. My first was Doubs Mystique and as an introductory absinthe I give it :thumbup: .

I have been planning to get some Kübler but its all about getting up off my lazy ass to do so.

Aren't the Lucid/Kuebler better than La Fee anyway? Regardless, I just found a place across the bridge from me (a literal five minute drive) that stocks the Lucid. The Fine Wine store in Stockton NJ for anyone in the area. The only absinthe I've ever had was Duplais Balance, and from what I gather Lucid is a step down from that, but I figure what the hell.

:cheers: Welcome.

I would recommend the Verte de Fougerolles. It's a very good absinthe, without brushing against perfection. That way you can work your way up, which is more fun, but still start with something really enjoyable that show-cases what good absinthe should be. Also, it's a great value for a low price (as far as absinthes go).