Sign in to follow this  
ETexas

Affordable 2 spout fountain

Maison d Absinthe has in stock now what appears to be a nice affordable fountain ($48.00) I have just ordered one. The spickets are plastic but what the heck for the price and they are made by the Frenchman

who makes very expensive ones also. We will see. :g:

Well mine was delivered saturday and it was shattered into pieces.

Thing is they don't offer insurence so I am probably out the cash for nothing. I placed a call to them saturday but got a recording, so I left my phone number as instructed guess they are not open on saturdays.

I am sure they will make this good because they are so highly thought of here I will be willing to pay ship on a new one and mail this broken one back. Oh well shite happens!

I am sure they will make this good because they are so highly thought of here...

Yes, Rene is a nice guy -- many of us have met him in person. He'll take care of you I'm sure.

Made by Frenchman. this Absinthe Fountain made by Frenchman is probably made in China by a Chinese company named Frenchman!

Made by French man...

Kidding!

post-1116-1203886508_thumb.jpg

Well mine was delivered saturday and it was shattered into pieces.

That sounds more like a shipping defect than a manufacturing defect. My fountain looks pretty sturdy. I got pretty much what I paid for IMO.

:thumbup: They replaced my fountain no questions asked and shipped it back free. Just can't beat folks like that sometimes hard to find these days. This is the company to buy your glassware from guys no question about it.

Gentlemen! Having just tried my first Absinthe this last weekend . . . my eyes are now open! :twitchsmile:

Dealing with the difficulties of dripping the water over the sugar cubes, I was already entertaining a fountain but was put off by the prices. This $48 budget fountain does look right for my pocket book though. For those of you that have already received one. I am a little concerned about the plastic spigots. Do you think these can be replaced with better ones?

Maybe not immediately . . .but later when the plastic ones inevitably crack and start to leak?

Just wondering before I place an order . . . Thanks in Advance.

The spigots seem to be hanging in there, I don't know how you would replace them unless you found a vendor who was willing to send/sell you some extras.

The price is certainly right on this, but the plastic spigots do feel like they will break so I try to be very careful. The holes for them are drilled a few inches up on the glass reservoir, so apparently the designer did not realize that this meant the bottom 2-3 inches of water are unusable.

Other than these issues the glass piece itself is rather attractive, simple and elegant.

If the spigots happen to break, there are several places on the net where you can replace them. There was a post with a link to sellers but I forgot when it was, however mine seem sturdy enough but don,t bang them around you'll be fine we use ours almost every day.