Sign in to follow this  
ETexas

Our Beginners journey

Well I am sitting here with my wife enjoying our second glass of Lucid and we both really like everything about it. The aroma the mouthfeel and taste are very interesting indeed we both realize a bit of citrus in the distance of the after taste. All in all if this is just a mid line absinthe we can't imagine how much better a more expensive mix would be, maybe it is just the excitement of the moment but we feel a warm and cozy all is well feeling and again after this last sip I must say the after taste is best of all. Thanks to all of you for helping us discover this wonderful glass. Now I must stop for it is time to prepare another and I don't want to ramble on which I could do at this point so bye for now. :cheers:

Congratz on your first tastes! :cheers:

You had a much better introduction than I did...My first purchase was La Fee :thumbdown:

I would follow your own advice in your last thread and order a bottle of Kübler, it's cheap and I honestly like it better than Lucid.

As far as European brands are concerned, I would definitely give Jade PF1901 a try, it's in my top favorites. I also suggest trying Duplais Verte at some point, it's my all time favorite.

My first absinthe was Alandia's Moulin Vert two years ago. Since then I've had, what many folks call, "top shelf" or "high quality" absinthes. I recently had a glass of the Moulin Vert after a long hiatus from it and, though I don't find it offensive, I found it to be far less complex than the "better" brands including Lucid.

I'm a firm believer in personal experiences with regards to taste. After all, taste is subjective. What one person thinks is the best tasting stuff concocted by mankind may make another person heave. :puke: There is no shortage of folks telling you what you should think, and that includes taste. Just because they think it's good doesn't mean it will agree with your palette. I have used and continue to use the reviews of various brands as a guide but only as a guide, not gospel. I then procure what appeals to me, try it, then decide for myself if I like it or not.

Anyway, welcome to the world of absinthe and enjoy :cheers:

Congratz on your first tastes! :cheers:

You had a much better introduction than I did...My first purchase was La Fee :thumbdown:

I would follow your own advice in your last thread and order a bottle of Kübler, it's cheap and I honestly like it better than Lucid.

As far as European brands are concerned, I would definitely give Jade PF1901 a try, it's in my top favorites. I also suggest trying Duplais Verte at some point, it's my all time favorite.

Have just had two glasses of Kublar 53 and I think it is better than Lucid. The taste from start to finish is very good, and it seems creamy to me this is most enjoyable. Looking to find something even better than this I am hooked for sure. :clap:

I'm a firm believer in personal experiences with regards to taste. After all, taste is subjective. What one person thinks is the best tasting stuff concocted by mankind may make another person heave. :puke: There is no shortage of folks telling you what you should think, and that includes taste. Just because they think it's good doesn't mean it will agree with your palette. I have used and continue to use the reviews of various brands as a guide but only as a guide, not gospel. I then procure what appeals to me, try it, then decide for myself if I like it or not.

:cheers:

AMEN Brother !, can I get a hallelujah? :groupwave reversed: