scuto

Long-winded introduction from Massachusetts

Indeed, a small world, and the last thing I need is more positives for Seattle! ;) So many destinations, so little time... or should I say journeys to be all profound?!?! :twitchsmile:

Time to become a traveling massage therapist. Licensing would be a PITA, though! :thumbdown:

Howdy, y'all.

@ peridot - another Skinny Puppy fan here! I must admit, though, that their earlier work, while I can appreciate it, doesn't grab me as much as Too Dark Park, Last Rights, and even The Process. Plus I really dig a lot of cEvin's side projects (though of course a good amount of those tracks come off as noodly...)

I like them too, though not like I used to. I agree about Too Dark Park, probably their best. The Greater Wrong of the Right had some good stuff on it too. They toured a couple of years ago and I went on a whim. It was really good, but painfully loud. This guy named Otto Von Schirach opened for them. Now there's a guy with some issues.

Hiya you two!

Selmac - Agreed. It's interesing how I'm less invested in most of the "dark" or "angsty" (to use the buzz word) these days. Even what little of the new Portishead that's up on youtube isn't doing it for me like their previous ones. I hate to say it, but I might be tired of her voice! Very good for what it does, but I may have moved on.

i haven't checked out the newer SP stuff. Glad the show was good! I checked out Otto von Schirach, and honestly that sort of schtick bores me. Mostly, though, I'm music-focused and OvS's music didn't impress. Now Whitehouse, on the other hand... B) I left their show in NYC a couple years ago with a huge smile on my face!

Oh I am so f-ing jealous! I would just love to see them.

In general I've stopped listening to all that stuff but I held onto it and still pull it out once in a while. Throbbing Gristle's "Giftgas" resurfaced in my house recently. I really had some strange ideas about music when I was in college.

I'm not surprised at your assessment of Schirach's music. The live show was truly bizarre though.

:( I hate to be the bearer of bad news. http://williambennett.blogspot.com/2008/02/act-final_14.html Can you get to Europe very soon?

If you can, find the recent article on Whitehouse in The Wire magazine. I think Ricardo Villalobos (sp?) is on the cover.

Amen--it is good to bring out that stuff once in a while, not only to revisit it musically, but as a look into why it grabbed you in the first place--it can be a curious exercise! :cheers: to strange ideas about music! May you have many more! Heheh.

Hmm, Schirach's live show sounds intriguing, though I'm not sure I'll actively seek it out.

There's a few Mass folks around. I met with Grey Boy once a couple of years ago,

Yes we did, and when are we doing it again?

Though trying to fit a social life (well, any kind of life) into working 3 jobs kinda sucks.

Hey Scuto. :wave2:

There's a few Mass folks around. I met with Grey Boy once a couple of years ago,

Yes we did, and when are we doing it again?

Well, I wouldn't want to rush into anything ;) But soon I hope.

Thanks, y'all!

Yes, as InAbsinthia says, no rushing into anything. I look forward to something at some point, though!

Any Boston/area bars you guys know to have a fountain and allow patrons to louche their own? I mention this because I recently went somewhere where my drink was louched for me hyper-fast. Ah, well.

Damn, 3 jobs, Grey Boy? Stay strong, my man. Luckily, we have the kittehs to bolster our strength!

=^_^= (Is that the right thingamajig?!!?)