Sign in to follow this  
cboy321

called my hometown liquor store today...

Well, today I called the liquor store in my home town to see if they carry Absinthe yet. The conversation went as follows.

Me: Hi, do you guys carry Absinthe?

Guy: we have absinthe.

Me: what brands do you carry?

Guy: its not like the real stuff, it won't make you hallucinate or anything...

Me: do you have a brand called Lucid?

Guy: yeah we have that.

Me: Thanks :laf:

So I think to myself does this guy know something that I don't [/sarcasm]

Bad news: I don't think this guy knows what he is talking about...

Good news: I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance and will finally be getting my first bottle of absinthe!!! :yahoo:

Thanks for reading

(This story is true and names have been changed to protect innocent oblivious)

I've had a similar exchange at my local wine shop where I am a regular (think Norm at Cheers only it's me and we're talking Pinot Noir). A recent interaction involved me being shown Absente, me telling the woman at the store that it isn't really absinthe, which I stated that I have at home, and her saying "good for you" to me. :rolleyes:

Jeez, I live in big, bad N.Y., just for fun I went into a local liquor store to check out their selection and I got the standard glazed donut 1000 yard stare, followed by the now equally standard response of pointing out the Absente and then "Oh that stuff (real Absinthe) is illegal blah, blah, blah" so much for being ahead of the curve. :thumbdown:

I've held back on my story for a while now, but when I bought my first bottle of Henri Bardouin Pastis, the kind gentleman behind the register said "It doesn't come with a pastis spoon though." :laugh:

Now no setting it on fire young man. Oh, I'm also peddaling some reverse glow gauges and a carbon fiber bezel, that will fit a 95-00 Mazda Millenia. Pm me with offers. The retards from the parts place i ordered them from sent me two sets of them but i only paypal'd for one. Oh they also refunded my over night shipping since it took two weeks for the second set to get here. Funny, I recieved the first set over night. Luscious Oily Lesbians! :)