existone

Lucid in Tennessee

So I went to the biggest local liquor store today for some Elijah Craig. I asked about Kübler just as I have for months now. Turns out absinthe has been legal for 3 days now in Tennessee and they carry Lucid. At 70$ a bottle it isn't quite worth it to me, but it is good to know it is available locally now. Just figured you new people from TN might like to know. Will add more info when I am not on my PDA!

Montana? Still waiting. :rolleyes:

I really want to walk into my local package store and buy a bottle of Kübler. We've conditioned the proprietors, they roll their eyes when anyone asks about Absent or Pernod pastis. They may deliver the first bottle to my house when it comes in just so I'll leave them the hell alone.*

*and you thought is was just this forum I irritated!

Good to see this, folks!

I was at a new liquor store near me, in a small city (1500-2000 pop.), today and saw they had Lucid. They were sold out and astonished! I can't wait for Kübler to show up.

It's good to see Absinthe making it's way!

T, It's only a matter of time!! Montana has to give in at some time.

Good to see you again, LeRoy. :cheers:

I keep telling our package store(s) the same thing, "It's only a matter of time." There's plenty of enthusiasm around with me leading the local band. I keep telling Silent, he's going to have to help me build a Powerpoint presentation for a public display of absinthe. The stores and pubs need to be informed! Think, "A Convenient Louche" (with appropriate regards to Mr. Internet): Informative, entertaining and a demonstration and tasting of good absinthe prepared properly. What do you think?

Not to hijack this thread, but Yes!

I have been wandering through many liquor stores to see what they have. Today, I found Lucid at a tiny, new store and had to explain what absinthe and absente is. The lady was very interested and listened. I wanted to go get one of my bottles and louche a glass with her. We need to get the message out. I also found Lucid is now in the city of St. Cloud (which is a big university city near me).They told me it was starting to catch on. I feel as if I should become a teacher.

/pat

of course you should become a teacher.

$70 a bottle?!

Please don't make those of us who have had (for years)their purchases shipped from Germany/London post our purchase/shipping costs! I know its not the $54 from Drinkupny,but

Praise ghod for the $70 bottle+ (exquisitely) less shipping!

:blush: Alcohol teacher!

I was surprised that lucid was $65 a bottle in the small store and ten miles away it was $75 a bottle. I guess I thought it would be more balanced for the introduction.

sandpedeler, I know what you mean with the shipping thing. I just didn't understand how it could be 70$ down the street when you can get it from NY for 56 shipped. Just found that semi outrageous. That is what I meant by not worth the $$.

Lucid has made it to Maryland as well...no sign of Kübler, though, and the proprietor of my local store wouldn't make any promises about St. George either.

Still waiting on Kübler in Chicago. If it takes an extra two months to make it to the third city, I shudder at how long it will take to get to others. The thing that really bothers me about this is that, according to an article I came across, a Chicago bar hosted a release party in mid January for Kübler. What the smeck! You "Release" a product and take a month to get it into stores? What dreadful teases they are. I didn't read anything about bodypaint fairies though...

You know, it never even OCCURED to me to check my local liquor store! I mean, here in Oklahoma I'm surrounded by dry counties and buying alcohol is still illegal on Sunday! I'm thinking absinthe might get here in a decade...but I could be wrong. I'll go look. I still can't get used to not being able to buy wine at the grocery store.

I check in at my local liquor stores from time to time. Some of the folks ask good questions and then there are the others. I leave them with web sites and offer to bring samples.

Of course there are the absolute know-it-alls that don't want to hear it. I'll make another pass through a couple bigger stores this coming weekend and see how we're progressing. OKC isn't a small town either.

I get frustrated so fast I'm probably not the ambassador for absinthe that I could be. :cheers:

You know, Absinthe is making its way to Pittsburgh as well. A friend sent me this article on the web and I had to laugh as some parts (Jade’s unable to ship to the US, etc). http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08031/853500-34.stm

I wish that reported had just taken a look at the lovely bottles of various Absinthes in my abode. But, I digress. The fascist P-LCB is, of course, only having State Stores do special orders. Unsure how that’ll pan our for John Q. Public.

Such a bad time for me to be away from home- I could be squaring these people away.

Well while we're at it, Lucid, according to its website, is distributed here:

Minnesota: Quality Wines and Spirits

Missouri: Major Brands

Wisconsin: Capitol-Husting Company

Tennessee: Athens Distributing

Rhode Island: Rhode Island Distributors

Connecticut: Brescome Barton

Washington, DC: Republic National Distributing Company

Maryland: Republic National Distributing Company

Georgia: National Distributing Company

Colorado: Southern Wine and Spirits

Florida: Southern Wine & Spirits

Nevada: Southern Wine & Spirits

California: Southern Wine & Spirits

Louisiana: Republic National Distributing Company

Texas: Republic National Distributing Company

Massachusetts: United Liquors

Other: Please check back soon for additional states which will be announced shortly

Illinois: Lucid is now distributed in Illinois exclusively through Southern Wine & Spirits

New Jersey: Lucid is distributed in New Jersey exclusively through Allied Beverage Group

New York: Lucid is now distributed in New York exclusively through Southern Wine & Spirits

Still waiting on Kübler in Chicago.

I was at Sam's in the north suburbs this weeekend ... and they had Lucid, and Kübler ... and Herbsaint!

AND my first love Herbsaint! It must work its way from north to south. When Lucid first launched the first Binnys I saw is at was up in Buffalo Grove, while those in the city proper where dry. This is what I get for not checking Sam's for the last couple weeks. Thanks for the heads up! C'mon payday!

PIRATE2:Grog is a secret mixure of which contains the following:

PIRATE1:Kerosene

PIRATE2:Glycol acid

PIRATE3:Artificial sweeteners

PIRATE1:Sulfuric acid

PIRATE2:Rum

PIRATE3:Acetone

PIRATE1:Red dye #2

PIRATE2:Scumm

PIRATE3:Axle grease

PIRATE1:Battery acid

PIRATE2:And/or pepperoni.

I, too, always thought those pirates drank grog.

My kid told me, however, that in the latest pirate flick the crew was on deck guzzling grog while their dandy of a captain was in his quarters drinking absinthe.

:pirate: