sandpedlar

Smell...yeah, another drunk

Besides some things, don't you feel that absinthe is the sexiest smell ever?

It's so clean and promising...

the drink is so good, and so textural, or is it textual? I think textural. It lingers so purposefully and is easily tasted by a kiss...delicate taste

I do enjoy the taste, but not unless and before the smell.

No big news to you freaks, I'm sure.

~pedlar of sand

Now, Pedlar...

If you are going to bring up Absinthe and a kiss in the same breath, I'm going to have to make reference to a favorite song. Whenever obsession, desire, ecstacy, and tragedy converge, songs like this must be playing in the background...

Tom Wait's "Alice" off the selfsame titled CD:

"And so a secret kiss

Brings madness with the bliss"

For a free mp3 of the song:

"Alice" mp3

More info:

Tom Wait's "Alice" background...

Gratuitous plug over. Please go on, Sandpedlar!

I am curious to know if others experience the scent/aroma/flavour as sensually as Sandpedlar clearly does.

Any other intoxicants in the same category (alcohol-based only please)?

Besides some things, don't you feel that absinthe is the sexiest smell ever?

It's so clean and promising...

Well, the forum seems a bit dead today so I take it upon myself to dredge up this dead thread... you can thank me later.

reading this calls to mind a study I once saw where the experimenters were attempting to link scent and sexual arousal. Specifically, they were trying to se which scents had the strongest link to sexual arousal in both men and women (dependant variable was measured by, among other things, timing of genital arousal features viewed in infared).

Anyway, their study was quite fascinating and found statistically significant results in both sexes. For men, the most arousing scent was freshly baked cinnamon roles. and for women, a tie between fresh cut cucumber and "Good and Plenty."

Now I know the difference between anise and licorice but, too me, freshly masticated good and plenty smells a lot like Absinthe...

Good & Plenty uses some anise for flavoring; most "licorice" does these days, unless you get Panda or specialty licorice from Holland, etc.

Vanilla scores pretty high on the sexy scale; there's generally a fair amount of it in cinnamon rolls, too.