Sean H

Unlouching?

:laugh: Thanks, Absomphe, but I think my rating was a fair assessment of how I sincerely feel. Quite honestly, I would probably adjust my review of Marteau. I complained of a lack of spiciness but after giving the bottle a couple of days to breathe, the herbal profile really opened up. I think I was a bit harsh with that one.

That said, I believe Peridot sincerely does not like the Jades. I have no problem with that.

I wasn't questioning Peridot's sincerity either...I've noticed that his taste is absinthe is somewhat different from mine, and of course that's fine. But I also don't think that Peridot reflexively dismisses the Jade line across the board and out of hand.

It's one thing to prefer the approach taken by the Belle Amie folks, for example, and even to question some of the practices of Combier. It's another thing to rant and rave about Jade being absolutely horrible and Ted Breaux being a first cousin of Lucifer (neither of which is commonplace here, happily).

I guess what I was trying to say is that even if one doesn't agree that the Jades are the top of the line, one ought to be able to pick out one that is at least palatable. Of course, there may be exceptions to this, but I tend to agree with Speedle and T73 that a fair amount of the criticism arises from factors other than an honest assessment of quality.

As for Belle Amie, it will never be my favorite, but it has improved on me somewhat since I first tried it.

I don't think that people would disagree that Jade isn't a high quality beverage

You won't find me failing not to disagree with the wrongness of that statement.

My head just exploded from reading those two statements. Don't even ask me how I'm typing this. :)

Speedle, just because someone else doesn't agree that the product you love is just top-notch doesn't mean it must be because of a personal bias against the maker. Sometimes, yes, but not "mostly," and not all at Louched Lounge. But sometimes that bias comes from the quality of the product relative to how it's marketed.

Gotcha.

And apparently I can't taste burnt™. Do I have to give back my apprentice absinthe snob certificate? ;)

Can we at least agree that Jades are made with quality in mind? Whether Ted achieves that goal could be debated (and it is), but he's certainly trying to make a high quality absinthe. He's not just pumping out hog piss to make money.

And apparently I can't taste burnt™...

And some people can't taste the foul, throat-scraping bitterness in the finish of Angelique. Personally I can't smell the sometimes mentioned fishiness in Combier or Matter products, even though I'm normally really sensitive to fishy smells. Everyone has different sensitivities.

I used to be unable to smell or taste Jade funk, but PF1901 really hammered it into my skull and now I taste a little bit of it in the other Jades too. I also didn't really understand what burnt meant until I had Lucid.

I also didn't really understand what burnt meant until I had Lucid.

So that's what I've been tasting this whole time in the Lucid. After almost an entire bottle of it I still can't bring myself to enjoy Lucid. Sorry, don't taze me Breaux.....

My head just exploded from reading those two statements. Don't even ask me how I'm typing this. :)

Well, if you've been typing with your head prior to this point, I must say, you're amazingly talented! ;)

Sorry, don't taze me Breaux.....

I can only say that I'm very glad I didn't read this while drinking...I don't think Scotch would feel good shooting out of my nose.

Yucca Mountain then?

Hasn't Nevada already endured its share of radioactive fallout?

I'm sorry, but it's difficult to come up with an equitable, safe solution for the disposal of KoS.

I don't think Scotch would feel good shooting out of my nose.

Although I am aware that Bourbon is not Scotch, I still believe that

supports your hypothesis. :twitchsmile:

Hasn't Nevada already endured its share of radioactive fallout?

I'm sorry, but it's difficult to come up with an equitable, safe solution for the disposal of KoS.

Perhaps it can be unmade then?

post-1333-1200965043_thumb.jpg

Aw crud! You mean I have to throw it into Mt. Doom?

Will I get to meet any hot Elven chicks when I'm done? :pirate:

Nope. You'll just lose a finger, suffer a wound that never heals, and find yourself an alien in your own home.

I don't think Scotch would feel good shooting out of my nose.

Although I am aware that Bourbon is not Scotch, I still believe that

supports your hypothesis. :twitchsmile:

Hilarious! Thanks! :cheers:

In adding to the original topic of this thread, I experienced unlouching with Lucid, albeit after 8 or so hours. I fell asleep before I could finish my glass. Woke up and saw it'd become translucent, with only a tinge of green.