Sign in to follow this  
ProgressCity

Roquette 1797

LDF is definitely faster than Abs.com,but there's currently a major difference in the price & availability of Roquette between the two distributors.Although Abs.com is offering a 10% discount on Roquette,LDF is almost $20 higher than Abs regular price of $71.50 for the same product.Hopefully when LDF re-stocks, their price will be more competitive.I'll cross my fingers for you Bill. ;)

Edited by redwun

Heh...merkin.

Hey, if you're a stout fan, Firestone Walker's Velvet Merlin is quite good, but their Velvet Merkin is the absolute cat's pussy's meow. :laugh:

I enjoyed the two offerings from Firestone Walker this summer. Too bad it's unavailable where I am. Plenty of other good ones are though.

Hopefully when LDF re-stocks, their price will be more competitive.
I doubt that will happen.With almost a 20% difference in exchange rates currently, and not much chance of improvement anytime soon, the British Pound will never be able to compete with the Euro.

So our American dollars will always go farther against the Euro. As long as it lasts.

Ah,didn't think of that,but I thought I remembered seeing Abs & LDF stocking the same brands w/pretty similar prices in the past... :g: ....oh well.

Edited by redwun

:devil:

Ah,didn't think of that,but I thought I remembered seeing Abs & LDF stocking the same brands w/pretty similar prices in the past... :g: ....oh well.

Exchange rates, extortionate UK duty rates and lack of shareholdings in the distillery can all negatively impact ones retail prices unfortunately.

Yep, and I know you do what you can to provide the best products at reasonable prices.

<------- He's a fan. :cheers:

Yep, and I know you do what you can to provide the best products at reasonable prices.

<------- He's a fan. :cheers:

We try, and I will look at our pricing in GBP now that we too are getting better exchange rates on the euro.

Can anyone comment on this most recent release of Roquette, if they've tried it? Mine is comming soon, and I'm looking forward to getting into it asap. I've only tasted a sample a while back. I thought it resembled the Sauvage, with that minty profile. I bought two bottles. :thumbup:

I like it alot.I think it's more subdued than Sauvage.

Edited by redwun

I like it alot myself. Not as wild as Sauvage. ;)

My goal is not to get any flakes in the bottle this time, when opening it. I'm going to first run the plastic under warm water. Then wing it from there.

I've used the warm water treatment before and it works just fine. The booze didn't get hot and the brittle wax took on characteristics of putty.

See how nice that flowed without posting the whole previous post?!?!

Kinda cool ain't it!

I hold the bottle inside a paper shopping bag & give it a few good raps w/the palm of my hand.The wax shatters off very easily,& no mess w/the bag.

Edited by redwun

I hold the bottle inside a paper shopping bag & give it a few good raps w/the palm of my hand.The wax shatters off very easily,& no mess w/the bag.

I will try that method first.

I just flame it... rotate the bottle over a lighter or candle and the wax turns to liquid... thats how I got my jade cork out without breaking the wax... the cork still broke mind you :dry:

but it pulled straight through the wax...

:cheers:

The Roquette is Fantastic. The same quality as the Sauvage, but more subdued. I love it. EP has not disappointed yet. I received two Jades with my last order. 1901, and VS. I did not like them near as much as everything I've tried from EP. Granted only three brands. I'm starting to know what I like. That's why I reordered a bottle of BdJ with this order. Sauvage for me is the best I've had yet. This Roquette is very similar. A close second. I have had 14 absinthes to date. :thumbup:

I have. There is a big difference in quality. Even the base seems different in this more recent batch. I bought two bottles based upon tasting a sample of roquette from an earlier (1 year maybe?) batch, but the bottles i bought were different.

I think something happened to the batch from which my roquette was bottled.

Edited by greytail

What's the bottling date on the poor quality batch? The bottle I've been drinking from says 1/29/12,& it tastes just fine.I also have an unopened bottle in back up dated 1/2/13.BTW,I noticed Roquette's price jumped about $10 since my last purchase.

Edited by redwun

No more Doubs Mystique?

Mystique hasn't been around for quite some time, which is a damn shame.

This bottle that I'm drinking from was from a 2013 bottling.

And no, no announcement of any changes. At least, none that I've seen.