I've known about this decadent little online parfumary (sorry if I made that word up) for a while now, and while I've never ventured to buy anything from them (I forgot about them shortly before getting a stead income), I remembered them recently for this little gem:

ABSINTHE

Fall under the spell of our Green Fairy! An intoxicating blend containing wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop, and the barest hint of lemon.

They have a massive selection of scents, all of which really unique with some pretty creative themes.

parfumary (sorry if I made that word up)

Nah, you just misspelled "perfumery." ;)

I've heard good things about their products and they apparently actually have production standards, which is rare these days. I've always wondered about the Absinthe though and whether it was a gimmick to fill a niche, or whether it was worthwhile. Ever try it?

The folks behind BPAL (particularly Beth) are rockin' good people. I shared a bottle of absinthe (rather, poured a hefty share into another bottle) with her this past summer. I'm pretty sure the "Absinthe" scent was available long before so I don't think that was an influence :)

Anyway, they do indeed make wonderful products and it really is a small mom-n-pop business. It's kind of amazing what a cult following they've established.

Real absinthe attracts all sorts of things. Especially if it's in the right place. :devil:

The right place being a glass.....sheesh!

Looks good in a ziplock bag too. :cheers:

I might have to stash some in my car to get that newly distilled absinthe smell out and about.

Wormwood potpourri? With chocolate? Brooks? ?

My eventually-going-to-be-ex-wife has spent *hundreds* of dollars...nay, *thousands* on BPAL crap over the last couple years.

She's got boxes of their scents, bought from BPAL, collected via e-bay, found in between walls of French chateaus (you guys catch that absinthe joke I made?)...

Oh and yes, she had the "absinthe" scent and no, it isn't much like absinthe.

If you like BPAL and/or bath products/beauty products *.prissy-fu-fru stuff check out Lush as well ( http://www.lush.com/ ).

*Edit: it's "alchemy" lab BTW.

I am a huge fan of BPAL. They have stellar customer service and a very loyal following. Their 'crap' is a product line that the makers spend a lot of time and love creating. I feel it's a quality stuff.

I have had a bottle of the absinthe blend for a couple of years. I find it to be subtle, yet delightful. It doesn't jump off the skin as, "Hey, smell me I'm wearing absinthe!". Instead there are notes that are caught by the nose at different times that remind me of the different things that I love about absinthe.

I keep a fresh wormwood sachet in my medicine bag around my neck. It keeps the vampires away.

You should have seen my mother's face when I handed the bag to my father. :cheers: