Sign in to follow this  
Poor

Green Moon Review

Ok, heres my short review. It has a very weak flavor of anise and a subtle scent of cat urine. I does louche, but very thin an weak. Unlike in the story below, I knew I was buying flavored vodka, but I needed the glass and another spoon could never hurt, so I took one for the team.

Here is my big review.

It had been many days, nay weeks since the taste of wormwood had crossed my lips. Indeed, anxious days they where; so uncomfortable I wish not dwell upon them further, but I must in order to properly inform you of the desperation I had sunk into that caused me to make this most heinous of purchases.

One long month it has been since I run out of Lucid. Each of these days becoming a month into itself as the solstice grew near and the horrible celebrations of over-consumption. These people filled events swirled though my head, It's terrible hypnotic music drooled from every speaker, the shoppers fill baskets with useless things destined for closets of the dustbin. I have become very sick in body and in mind. I thought I had found the cure for my malady just last night.

On a shelf near the back of the store was a green box with a bottle a glass and a spoon. My heart leaped into my neck and my lips cracked painfully as a rare smile twisted them. I snatched the box and examined it quickly. The words I caught were: absinthe, wormwood, anise. I longed for the Lucid staring at me from the shelf, but I lacked the money. I did, however, have the 27.99 for the gift set.

I found myself back at my walkup flat, sitting on my naked Murphy bed. A beaten japanned tray with my works hastily lain across it sat at my side. I quickly measured a dose and began a slow drip. The neon green liquor gave up tantalizing oil trails but hardly formed a weak clear louche.

I held the glass to my nose and recoiled, the sent making me suspect that my old black cat Lucifer had made my goblet a piece of his territory. I could not wait any longer, I needed to get well. I sipped!

After finishing the glass, I knew I had been cheated. The dealer had made a switch somewhere along the lines. This wasn't the real thing, merely vodka with a bit of anise and bitters. I lay slumped on the bed for the rest of the night; listening to the broken Victrola skip the same crooning phrase over and over.

"Missing you..." chk

"Missing you..." chk

"Missing you..." chk

Nothing to do but wait for the junk to work its way out of my system. To wait for the good stuff to come to town. To wait.

I totally cop to your exquisite vexation; been there, done that.

My yearning was artificially placated with pastis, causing vivid understanding

of exactly why we dream of la Belle Epoque.

Those were good times. We all were there in spirit, yes?

Let us welcome La Nouveau Belle Epoque.

Will we enjoy a world where fine quality absinthe is as easy to get as beer,

and at a price most anyone can afford?

Will we miss the days when great quality was a rare and special thing?

absinthe, wormwood, anise.

So does it contain wormwood? I was under the impression that it only has southernwood like Absente.

The box is hilarious! All spelling and grammar are included exactly as on the box.

Green Moon Vodka a Absinthe Essence, an experience... It was in Paris, during the Bell Eqopue, when artists and romantic writers of the 29th century embraced a bohemian approach to creative activity and Absinthe Essence only heightened that experiance.

Green Moon Vadka a Absinthe Essence, French premium anise flavored vodka infused with herbs derived from a secret formula of Artemisia, lemon peel, wild herbs and flowers. This French specialty was hailed as a "philosopher's stone".

Green Moon Vodka a Absinthe Essence

is made from premium quality wheat, barley, and hops originating from the cereals from the best producing regions of France, and the finest herbal essences. Six times distilled and three times filtered.

They should have dyed some anisette green and called it a day.

I apologize, taking another look it doesn't say a thing about wormwood, only artemisia. That narrows it down to over a hundred plants.

wheat, barley, and hops

Yeah. That well known Holy Trinity of absinthe.

Somebody oughtta sic Purple Mark on 'em!