Belated greetings aren't bad. You can always celebrate any time you want, (i.e. any time you have Absinthe) but you don't have to get older until somebody actually notices!

:cheers:

Happy, better late than never, Day!

Maybe we can get the birthday notice at the top of the page?

Or everyone just pay more attention to the bottom of the page.

Happy Birthday, however belated!

Assuming you have a penchant for sugar in your absinthe, I figure your name and the association with this fellow makes perfect sense.

post-97-1115355729.jpg

Sugar Gliders spend their lives in the canopy of the rainforest, which has an abundant source of nectar and insects for them to feed on.

The sugar glider is extremely agile and can glide, or volpane, for at least fifty metres.

Thank you, all! I always celebrate for at least the next year...gives me a reason to toast with absinthe anytime (not that I really need a reason, but it works).

Auguru, actually I think the term is volplane, not volpane, which is something else entirely. Many years ago someone downunder misspelled it in a reference to the volplaning squirrel and I've never had the heart to correct them, partly because I like the surreal reference when you Google[tm] my name. Sadly squirrels do not dissolve in water otherwise we'd be drinking many of their relatives on this half of the globe, instead of listening to their chatter and tripping over wayward nuts left behind.

Cheers!

I thought "Volpane" meant having the characteristics of a Vole. Like being nearsighted, having long toenails, and tending to be dirty. Of course, now that I think about it, that probably describes most of you guys.

Ding, ding, ding!

Hiram you get the prize. Volpane is more fox-like, or vulpine, if you wish...someone might recognize the more latin Volpone, the fox by Ben Johnson, but that's just how I come by my goth cred.

I do like your inference, ShaiHulud, though for its ingenuity, although I'm way ahead of you. One of my absinthe cocktail jokes (you know, for those uncomfortable times when your not drinking and the person next to you is obviously experiencing the same uncomfortable silence), is "What do you get when you run over a small rodent?".

Volpane

:laf: