Absomphe

Your Top Ten Commercial Absinthes

I reckon I never knew the name of your intended product. Catskill 68 sounds nice. *thumb up*

As far as color goes, can't you twist it around in Yoda speak or something. Colored not it is with herbs artificial.

Never mind, that would be like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Good luck DP!

Originally the brand/trade name was going to be Catskill Spirits. But I had to toss that idea in July (it's too complicated to explain, think Catch-22). So the brand name is Delaware Phoenix, the names of the individual first two products are :censor1: and :censor2:. You folks probably won't like the names, sorry. They're vertes and both 68%.

Close, so close... :cheers:

So the brand name is Delaware Phoenix, the names of the individual first two products are :censor1: and :censor2:. You folks probably won't like the names, sorry. They're vertes and both 68%.

Close, so close... :cheers:

What "tripping balz" and "ear eraser"? ;)

Congratulations on the Progress Dakini!

Hmmmm. Looks like they don't like the phrase "Fine American Absinthe". Wonder why? :devil:

Maybe I should call it "Fine American Wormwood and Anise Specialty"? I'm tempted because I'm anti-superieure this and verte-that, just because and to be contrary.

We'll see how silly I get to be tonight...

"ear slasher"! Product #3! :wave2:

At the risk of putting this thread back on track (at least briefly):

I recently tried my 15th CO and I thought that in honor of the occasion, as well as my 200th post, I'd put up my top ten. So, here (with the obligatory grain of salt, nod to the whims of the day, etc.) ya go:

1. PF 1901

2. Marteau Belle Epoque

3. Edouard

4. Nouvelle-Orleans

5. Vieux Carre

6. Leopold

7. Duplais Balance

8. Clandestine la Bleue

9. La Coquette

10. Duplais Verte

Didn't make the cut: Vieux Pontarlier, Obsello, Lucid, Kübler, St. George.

Likely to change the line-up above when I try them, based on what I've read: Belle Amie, Roquette 1797, Jade VS, Doubs Mystique, L'Italienne.

'Course I'm open to additional suggestions as well! ;)

As of right now, in no specific order and off the top of my head:

1. Duplais Verte (re-vamped EU release)

2. Jade Eduoard

3. Vieux Carre

4. Vieux Pontalier

5. L'Artisanle

6. Brevans

7. Jade Nouvelle-Orleans

8. Eichelberger (1st commercially released batch -- it's since gone downhill, but still deserves mention)

9. La Coquette

10. Jade PF 1901

There's a lot of others I've wanted to try for a long time. Belle Amie has been on my "save-money-for-one-last-overseas-purchase" list for a long time.

I've had three bottles of this, but they were all a long time ago. The first one was outstanding. Best wormwood profile out of an CO I had at the time. Liked it so much I ordered another a few months down the line. It had changed. The 3rd was more of the same. I might be back to what it was again now since this was a few years ago, but I noticed a marked change after the first batch.

Ahhh. Yeah, I jumped on that stuff right when it came out and it was incredible. I'm not sure what changed in the batches afterwards, but it almost seemed like he "blew his wad" on the wormwood profile straight out of the gates and fell a bit off the grid in successive batches -- or at least the ones I had.

BTW, when do I get to see your top 10, man? I don't think we've ever discussed this.

It's something I have a hard time doing. My initial tastes will rank one way, then a week later, whether it's aired a bit or perhaps my buds are different, it will rank another way. Chasin' the Dragon.

1. Catskill 68/L'Italienne #2 for something indescribable in the aroma/taste

2. Leopold #14/Promethee #1 for freshness and uniqueness (still, Promethee #3 is even more promising)

3. Les Valotes:Bovet 54/Martin 54/Helfrich blanche for perfect "blancheness"

4. Helfrich verte for craziness

5. Belle Amie (1st edition) for proper colouration and adherence to the recipe

6. Malicia verte/ Angelique verte

7. Wanner La Fée de la Rade/Wanner La Fée Verte

7. Verte de Fougerolles

8. La Valote: Martin 55

9. Bovet Tradition

10. Martin L'Originale 72

So far, so good, so shall it stay for a while

And of those 16, how many are currently available?

All?

1. L'Italienne #2

2. Catskill 68

3. Leopold #14

4. Promethee #1

5. Martin 54

6. Helfrich blanche

7. Helfrich verte

8. Belle Amie (1st edition)

9. Malicia verte

10.Angelique verte

Although some ex aequos should be shown, otherwise it would mean I like L'Italienne better than Catskill whereas I like them equally very much.