• Edouard
  • Authentique
  • L'Ancienne
  • A.O. Spare
  • Marteau Master's Reserve
  • La Grenouille
  • Walton Waters
  • Pacifique

Nods to Leopolds, Meadow of Love, the other Jades, Sauvage, and L'Italienne.

Been thinking about this lately...

Currently its these

Authentique

Berthe De Joux

Sade

Jade PF 1901

Walton Waters

La Coquette

Butterfly

La Grenuoille

Maison Fontaine Blanche

Jade VS 1898

Just a note to all of you that have not tried Marteau Master's Reserve - It is my favorite and although my review is unconventional and not what you are used to seeing - I have found no better in my search for a great absinthe. I would welcome your professional insight and your knowledge - I would like to see a professional review on it! Thank you and :cheerz: cheers the weekend will soon be here!

Picking my favorite absinthe would be like picking my favorite beer, there are simply too many variables for me to choose only one. However, I must say it is one of my favorites, as well.

Having my love for absinthe recently reignited I’ve divided my Top Ten into two parts: Five that I remember that I loved way back in 2006 and five that I would really love to try soon based on reading the reviews, etc…

Five I remember:

1. Jade N.O. (My first real absinthe so a sentimental favorite. Besides that, a unique taste and one I like)

2. Eichelberger Limitee Verte (All I remember was that it was really, really good)

3. Blanche de Fougerolles (Now apparently called something else. There was just something about this one I loved)

4. La Clandestine (Good memories drinking this one on the back patio in the summer)

5. Monmartre 65 (Looking at the list it’s obvious I like the taste of something different. This one was different)

What do they have in common? They all are/were made in Europe.

Five I want to try (soon!):

1. Delaware Phoenix "Meadow Of Love"

2. Delaware Phoenix "Walton Waters"

3. Ridge Blanche

4. Pacifique Absinthe Verte Superieure

5. MARTEAU Absinthe de la Belle Époque

What can I say about these five? Well a lot has changed in almost 8 years and these are all Made in the USA. I am very looking forward to tasting what has been happening with American absinthe. From what I can tell, it is all very exciting. I know there continues to be good European brands, but I plan to give these a try first when I return. I'll refrain from further posting about "I was in the game, then out of the game, and now back in the game" but at the moment a bit excited. Like I was just picked up from a desert island. With no absinthe.

Having my love for absinthe recently reignited I’ve divided my Top Ten into two parts: Five that I remember that I loved way back in 2006 and five that I would really love to try soon based on reading the reviews, etc…

Five I remember:

1. Jade N.O. (My first real absinthe so a sentimental favorite. Besides that a unique taste and one I like)

2. Eichelberger Limitee Verte (All I remember was that it was really, really good)

3. Blanche de Fougerolles (Now apparently called something else. There was just something about this one I loved)

4. La Clandestine (Good memories drinking this one on the back patio in the summer)

5. Monmartre 65 (Looking at the list it’s obvious I like the taste of something different. This one was different)

What do they have in common? They all are/were made in Europe.

Five I want to try (soon!):

1. Delaware Phoenix "Meadow Of Love"

2. Delaware Phoenix "Walton Waters"

3. Ridge (Vilya) Blanche

4. Ridge (Vilya) Verte

5. Pacifique Absinthe Verte Superieure

What can I say about these five? Well a lot has changed in almost 8 years and these are all Made in the USA. I am very looking forward to tasting what has been happening with American absinthe. From what I can tell, it is all very exciting. I know there continues to be good European brands, but I plan to give these a try first when I return.

OK my top 10 at the moment:

1. Jade L'Esprit d'Edouard

2. Belle Amie

3. Eichelberger 68 Limitée

4. Brevans H. R. Giger

5. Duplais Balance

6. Doubs Mystique

7. Sauvage 1804

8. Berthe de Joux

9. Jade Nouvelle-Orléans

10. La Valote Martin: Belle Epoque

My bottle of Roquette 1797 still sits unopened and I'm planning to order Jade VS 1898 as that's the only Jade I haven't tried yet, so I have a feeling there might be slight changes in my top 10 :).

And I'd love to try some of the US ones: Pacifique, Ridge Verte, Delaware Phoenix "Meadow Of Love", Delaware Phoenix "Walton Waters", but unfortunately it's not possible to get them in Europe at the moment :(. Well maybe someday.

This is tough.

1 Vieux Pontarlier

2 Butterfly

3 Perroquet

4 Walton Waters

5 Jade PF1901

6 Clandestine

7 Roquette (2011 batch)

8 La Berthe De Joux

9 Authentique

10 Pacifique

Honorable mention has to go to Vieux Carre. Taking into account that I can buy it at the local store, it is pretty cheap, and it is a fairly large contrast to most others I have, makes it a solid choice for me. Also, I guess by now it is apparent that I quite like the Emile Pernot products :wave2: . I still have a lot that I want to try, right now centering mainly on Jade NO, Meadow of Love, and Blues Cat.

I haven't had the time or money to create a long list, but I do enjoy these:

Vieux Pontarlier

St George

Pernod Absinthe (1890recipe)

Kübler. (I guess I should say "Blanche" since I have not tried the new "Verte".

There are some terrible ones: anything that says food colors A or B or C or whatever. Some may think them mediocre; I find them delightful, pleasant, and of great aid to a Crohn's disease patient.

My quite possibly shifting at some point in the future, current top ten list:

L'Ancienne

Jade Esprit Edouard

Jade 1901

Vieux Pontarlier

Jade VS 1898

L'Entete

La Grenouille

Absinthe Bourgeois

Jade Nouvelle Orleans

La Clandestine

I haven't had the MoL nor the other one.........pesky brain, I can't remember. One of these days perhaps.

As far as my top ten, they all share the same number. That way I can move them laterally versus vertically. Mostly it rarely changes, they all mean the same to me.

Just depends on which absinthe suits the mood I'm in. :cheerz:

My quite possibly shifting at some point in the future, current top ten list:

L'Ancienne

Jade Esprit Edouard

Jade 1901

Vieux Pontarlier

Jade VS 1898

L'Entete

La Grenouille

Absinthe Bourgeois

Jade Nouvelle Orleans

La Clandestine

Excellent list. I notice only one Jade is absent. Have you tried Terminus?

Sadly, I haven't tried as many as I'd like (I'm sure I'm not alone here), but my current favorites are (in no particular order)

La Clandestine

Vilya Verte

Vilya Blanche

Marteau

Pacifique

Vieux Pontarlier

REDUX

Vieux Carre

Butterfly

Walton Waters

Hmm, nowadays this would be mine in no particular order(I'm limiting this to only what is currently available on the market):

• Jade Edouard
  • L'Ancienne
  • Roquette 1797 Oak Aged
  • Vilya Verte
  • Roquette 1797
  • Jade PF 1901
  • La Maison Fontaine Blanche
  • Marteau Master's Reserve
  • Berthe de Joux
  • La Clandestine

Now I'm suddenly thirsty.....

Living in Pennsylvania, my top-ten list is: