Sign in to follow this  
Justang

POLL: Swiss VS French

Ok so if you could only choose one bottle of a verte and a blanche/la Bleue for the rest of your life from Swiss and the same from France what would it be. No need to explain why just one verte one blanch only.

Commerical Sources:

Verte: Jade Verte Suisse (Best commercial i have tried so far,imo)

Blanche: Kübler (Nice taste and perfect price range for me)

[edited by admin to comply with board policy]

Hello, greetings, etc.. I am a new member, from Arizona, currently living in Solothurn, Switzerland, Where my girlfriend works at a bar exclusively in Absinthe. diegruenefee.ch I think is the web address. But anyhow, I am returning home to AZ with some assorted bottles, and I was wondering, should I ship it home? or check it into luggage? I heard once Arizona is the only state it is legal, So maybe shipping is okay, but state-crossing with airplanes would prove a problem?... been awhile sense I was in the states.. Any info appreciated.

Hey Casper! Can we get you to go here and introduce yourself? We like to extend a Welcome" to our new members.

As far as your questions goes, absinthe is legal in the United States. There are some restriction on how much you can bring back from overseas but that's a Customs issue, not state. Personally, I'd cover all the bases by bringing what you can and shipping what ever else you want.

:poke:

I cannot comply with the poll. The heading says one thing (Swiss VS. French) & the body says another (Swiss blanche and French verte). If I had to choose which country's absinthe(s) I prefer, I'd say Switzerland. If I have to choose my favorite blanche, that would be CLB. But if I have to choose my favorite verte, I'd say Eichelberger. Yes, I know Ike isn't French, but then Combier isn't Swiss. So there!

:harhar:

Yes, I know Ike isn't French, but then Combier isn't Swiss. So there!

:harhar:

Very true, I didn't want to say anything...but yeah.

That might have helped convince Absinthist to make an effort to become more intelligible.

Oh, I'm sorry, you said polls. :twitchsmile:

Perhaps polls should be moderated before submission?

Oh, like we don't have enough to do around here?

Didn't you know Hiram requires us to take an exam every other day, just to make certain we read every post?

That's not quite true, actually.

I'm trying to do my part, T73, to lighten your load. You'll notice my ashtray hasn't needed emptying for some time now.

But I could use a fresh drink, if you don't mind.

That might have helped convince Absinthist to make an effort to become more intelligible.

Thanks for reminding ;) Talking of intelligibility, where is that poll, anyways?

I prefer France (more vertes:).

I'm trying to do my part, T73, to lighten your load. You'll notice my ashtray hasn't needed emptying for some time now.

But I could use a fresh drink, if you don't mind.

My pleasure! Was that the verte or the blanche? And would you like a pillow for your feet?