beau_cauchemar

And the 4th US-available absinthe is...damnit, it's just La Fee

I know plain old La Fee isn't in too high repute these days, but I can't knock it too hard. It was pretty good for its day, back when the few online sellers I knew of offered mostly stuff like Hill's, a few Spanish brands and things like KOS, which even then, to a rank newbie seemed somehow very wrong. With Lucid available down the street and higher market options like Jade I wouldnt pay the $80 or so anymore to import La Fee, but I wouldn't turn down a belt of it either.

"You just told me that I had a plethora of absinthe, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora of absinthe. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora of absinthe, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora of absinthe."

"Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education about absinthe. But could it be that once again you are angry at something else and are looking to take it out on me?"

I couldn't resist.

"Would you say I have a... plethora of absinthe, Jefe?"

"Oh, yes, El Guapo! You have a plethora!"

Okay, now... now really. I honestly did Luscious Oily Lesbians! at that one.

For a full 30 seconds. Kept rereading it, and fondly remembering the movie.

Thanks, H.

(still waiting on that call...)

(liberties taken...)

"In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, their El Guapo might be a bottle of Hill's or KoSG--for us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.... with bottles of Hill's and KoSG."

>ahem<

I am *very* excited to see what the next absinthe to be approved for the U.S. market will be! I would prefer it to be something from the selection at absintheonline.com, though.

(edited for quote "accuracy")

Edited by scuto

You don't want to know what KoSG is. Some of us are still trying to forget.

Actually, it stands for King of Spirits Gold, and it was by far the worst "absinth" I have ever tasted.

here

And it's brethren here.

As of today, no "jade", nor "edouard", nor "suisse", nor "fee" absinthes in the public COLA registry.

Peridot knows what he's talking about. He's had it. I'd trust his judgement on this one. (Check the reviews first ;)

Edited by dakini_painter

Actually, it stands for King of Spirits Gold, and it was by far the worst "absinth" I have ever tasted.

So, you never tried the KOS regular, eh?

Lucky you.

KoSG is some vile tasting.........that crap is just terrible. Bitter and awful. I wasn't one of the chosen but I was a victim. Being in the same room as a bottle of that makes me shudder. :puke: