beau_cauchemar

And the 4th US-available absinthe is...damnit, it's just La Fee

I thought I'd at least everyone know that a buyer from Park Ave Liquor told me that they were going to be carrying the La Fee brand in the next few months. I realize that this isn't great news (considering the quality) but it is good to know that in just a couple months time the list has doubled (from 2 to 4.) Reading between the lines this is possitive news indeed and the more brands available, the more quality will hopefully increase due to competition/popularity. Even if it is a neon-green yawn and not the next Jade...

-Beau

P.S.

The funny story is that apparently the rep from La Fee/England *crashed* Park Ave's Lucid party. There were some words between reps too arguing over which product was superior. Apparently, La Fee "should be bright green." Haha. Amazing what some people find "authentic." :)

Edited by beau_cauchemar

My understanding is, the 4th absinthe is another Kübler. That might make Le Pee number 5 or 6 or 7. Just depends on what happens where and when.

2008 looks like it should be entertaining. B)

Another Kübler? Yay! Any more info? (being as this is my favorite everyday absinthe)

So...

1. Lucid - Available Now

2. Kübler 53 - Available Now

3. St. George - Dec. 21 pre-order but mostly sold out

4. NEW Kübler - 2008

5/6. La Fee products - 2008

Anything else so far?

P.S.

La Pee...very droll T73 :)

They don't have a label approved so far, so it could take a while. Don't hold your breath.

apparently the rep from La Fee/England *crashed* Park Ave's Lucid party.

They'll do that. They did it in New Orleans at Tales of the Cocktail.

Tacky.

Anything else so far?

ewww...

(review on page 4 of that thread)

post-1639-1198155950.jpg

The name of the Absinthe is Le Tourment Vert, it's distilled by Vinet Ege Brie-Sous-Archiac, France. I bought the bottle last week at a liquor store on Long Island for $70. The review that Bill is talking about has been updated, the more correct version of the Le Tourment Vert review is on page 5 of that thread. Although I had to modify some of the scores, my remarks about the color did not change, If we are all talking about the same product here the Le Tourment people are in BIG trouble.

Edited by fredfry

Amazingly, they actually have a COLA. Only 3200 cases (of 6 bottles/case). Listed an an herb and seed schnapps liqueur. The plant registry is:

CA-I-15789

Distillerie Vinet EGE SA, THE MCKENZIE RIVER CORPORATION

1160 BATTERY ST , STE 30

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111

post-685-1198169110_thumb.jpg

I'm sure it tastes like hot armpit, but I'm still thinking about buying a bottle. Mainly for two reasons:

1) I like to stock any absinthe I can find so I can make comparisons for newbies

2) Call me what you want, but I DO like the bottle.

And that bottle will be a collector's item. The TTB commented that when the next batch of bottles are printed, "the subliminal face must be deleted". This must be a reference to no implication of hallucinogenic properties for any absinthe.

And according to several news items from 2006, McKenzie River was bought by Miller. :twitchsmile:

Ringing the bottom of the bottle, on the front and back, in raised glass letters it says LE GOUT DE LA LUCIDITE INSPIREE which seems to translate into TASTE OF LUCIDITE INSPIREE.

FWIW, I'd translate that phrase as: "The taste of inspired lucidity." (Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.)

And yeah, put me down as another one who likes the bottle.

Does anyone else have a hard time throwing away empty bottles? So many of them are so pretty, and each of them seems to have a lot of fond associated memories. There's a bottle of VdF sitting out in the recycling bin right now, a bottle that I bought in Paris (bonjour, Luc!) and smuggled through US Customs, the first absinthe I ever bought. * sigh! *

Does anyone else have a hard time throwing away empty bottles? So many of them are so pretty, and each of them seems to have a lot of fond associated memories. There's a bottle of VdF sitting out in the recycling bin right now, a bottle that I bought in Paris (bonjour, Luc!) and smuggled through US Customs, the first absinthe I ever bought. * sigh! *

I keep a small collection of "The Honored Dead"; I hope to add more absinthe bottles to it soon. :thumbup:

Not to be mean but there has been some serious thread hijacking going on...

First, does anyone know about this " new" Kübler.

Second, now that more time has past and xmas has come and gone, any new info on more brands?

-Beau

If it's gonna be La Fee, I wish it was at least their X.S. line.

I'm yet to try the XS line, I almost tried it until I seen the price. Has anyone actually tried it?

hell, maybe I should use my tax return money and pick up a bottle (most of it was going to be spent on Absinthe anyways)

Haha Take one for the team.

The only hit you'd be taking for the team is to the wallet. The absinthe itself probably ain't bad. The blue bottle is la Clandestine, and the"French" style is François Guy, with or without some minor tweaks to their standard recipes. I like both of those absinthes (even the Guy) but since I can get them for half the price under their own labels, it's never been worth trying the XS to see if the recipes were noticeably different.

...I can get them for half the price under their own labels, it's never been worth trying the XS to see if the recipes were noticeably different.

Good point, I surely won't bother.