Sign in to follow this  
JJBlanche

A Good Blanche?

I want to try a good blanche. Any suggestions? I'm leaning toward Fougerolles. It surprisingly doesn't have any reviews over here, but at Fee Verte it has good marks, save for one reviewer that thought it was the pits.

I'm crazy about La P'tite and that 3 for 2 offer at LdF is burning a hole in my credit card...

Also like Clandestines-- can't go wrong with those either. Enjoyed Elixer des Pays des Fees and Philosophe at the Fete, but the latter may be due to the label and the bright sun.

I don't care for Blanchette at all, but wonder if my yellow bottle isn't representative. Got the BdF recently and it didn't taste like I remember when I tried it last year, wouldn't be my first rec.

Yeah, the Blanchette is always tinged yellow.

The La Ptite and the CLB are both sweet and floral, as are most swiss blanches. That's the "la Bleue"style.

The Blanchette isn't a la Bleue, it's just an uncolored absinthe of it's own style, and it's a wormwood bomb.

For JJBlanche (funny screen name for someone who's never had a blanche)

you probably want to try a "la Bleue" style for your introduction to blanches, so I'd go with the Clandestine or La Ptite.

The Blanchette and Blanche de Fougerolles are not in the same category, and are uncolored absinthes of differing styles.

:laf: That is fantastic! I'm changing my real name to JoJo Verte.

And I'm now Belle Amy Bastardette, enjoying my last few days as a pre-op.

This catharsis has been so liberating, thank you JJ! :yahoo: