Howdy,

New to the Society, but not entirely new to absinthe. I've tried Balance before, and really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to experience the variety and depth currently available. I'd love to get a hold of some PF 1901, but it's 3 times the price of the most expensive Stateside examples, so I think I'll hold off.

Are there any establishments in the States that sell drippers/glasses, like what you'd find on Absinthe Online?

Thanks,

JJ

I'd love to get a hold of some PF 1901, but it's 3 times the price of the most expensive Stateside examples, so I think I'll hold off.

Welcome, JJ! :cheers:

As terrific as the PF 1901 is, I think the Belle Amie is even better, and the closest modern commercial absinthe to an early vintage in flavor, and aroma that you can find...plus, it's significantly less expensive than the Jades, so you might want to consider giving it a try.

I'd love to get a hold of some PF 1901, but it's 3 times the price of the most expensive Stateside examples, so I think I'll hold off.

Hi JJ,

Yes, the good absinthe really is pretty pricey. Work your way up slowly and save your pennies. The 1901, Marteau and a couple others also happen to be three times better than the lower priced beverages, too. I haven't tried the Belle Amie (yet) but I'd bet Absomphe is right.

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

Hello, JJ

I haven't tried the Belle Amie (yet) but I'd bet Absomphe is right.

He Is!!

T, you haven't had Belle Amie yet?

Do you have some coming? If not, I might be able to help! ;)

Welcome JJ!

I think you’ll find quick that when it comes to purchases, there are a lot of ways to enjoy Absinthe without fixing yourself to a specific brand (all be it some are better than others). Glad to have you, sit down and drip yourself one! :cheers:

Hello, JJ

T, you haven't had Belle Amie yet?

Do you have some coming? If not, I might be able to help! ;)

What's not to like about this Forum? Thanks, LeRoy. :cheers:

I haven't tried the Belle Amie (yet) but I'd bet Absomphe is right.

He Is!!

Thanks, but a stopped clock still has me beaten by at least one "right"on any given day. :twitchsmile: ;) :cheers:

Welcome! I would try the Belle Amie that everyone seems to be raving about. It sounds like good stuff. Hopefully there will be some bottles left by the time next semester starts and I have some dough.

Welcome, JJ! Internet is acting up so welcoming you twice!

Welcome, JJ!

Well come. :cheers:

Pricey, yes. But it's very good. Do try it when you can afford it. Remember, there's always the 0.2 and 0.5 litre alternatives, so you don't have to go for a full bottle.