Derrick

St. George Spirits Absinthe Verte Available for Order

Okay. The manager of the liquor department just told me he actually has no idea when it is coming in to them, so they are not taking a reserve list. He said to keep checking after the 21st.

Thanks for checking.

No reserve list? :thumbdown: I'm glad to find out now rather than later, though.

Shall we form an alliance to make sure we both get bottles?

-- T

(edit add: I'm also checking with Wally's up in Westwood.)

Dang it, KL Wines pulled the same trick on me they did on other posters (above). Curse their mendacious hides! Now it's too late to place an alternate order with anyplace I've tried so far. Jug Shop is sold out... sob! Sob! This is so unfair.

:no:

Dang it, KL Wines pulled the same trick on me they did on other posters (above). Curse their mendacious hides! Now it's too late to place an alternate order with anyplace I've tried so far. Jug Shop is sold out... sob! Sob! This is so unfair.

:no:

mmm hmm. :dead:

Tried to go when they opened at noon today. There were about 200 people there before me and my 7 mo. old was in no mood to stand in line, in the cold, that long. I think I'll try again tomorrow....

Just got back from picking up my bottle.

Bletramos in Menlo Park still had about 2 cases when I left at 5:00. They said they got in 6 cases total.

The bottles do have a "first date of issue" stamp on them. Very nice. I haven't opened it yet.

their website and info is here: www.beltramos.com

They do ship to the following states:

Alaska

Arizona

California

Colorado

District of Columbia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Iowa

Louisiana

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Mexico

New York

North Dakota

Oregon

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

I'm thankful for DrinkupNY, and can't wait until they get some of this stuff! Hope the price doesn't skyrocket due to the high demand.

Here's a quote from the Camper English link above:

I went to D&M Wine and Liquors and plopped down my credit card without asking the price. (I thought it was $75 like it as at the distillery, or less.) I paid $97.64 including tax, which made it about $86 before tax.

But not everyone will do that. And once Lance and co figure out the sustained demand, retail price will prevail with many places discounting.

Note: On my last call to HiTime, I was told they were only getting in something like fifteen bottles that were all presold, and the second batch would arrive some time in January. (The manager of the liquor department said that he wasn't taking a list, but someone else there had done so independently, so they were probably going to honor it.)

-- T

Holy Moley!

From the St. George Website:

St. George Absinthe Verte Update 12/22/07

Unfortunately, we have sold out of all our stock of absinthe!

We are in the process of making more and plan on having more in stock at the end of January. This time around, we are making twice as much to meet demand.

Be one of the first to be alerted to it’s release by signing up for our newsletter.

~Erik

21 December, '07:

post-143-1198358489_thumb.jpg...Hundreds of people lined up outside St. George's distillery in Alameda yesterday for the official launch.

Think back just three or four years ago.........who could have seen this coming!?

end of January they say? Depending on the launch date, there is a chance I'll be in the Bay Area. It all depends on when the next semester starts and when my sister moves back to her place in SF and if I cn crash there for a few days. I've been meaning to visit that distillery anyway.

Hundreds of people lined up outside St. George's distillery in Alameda yesterday for the official launch.

Think back just three or four years ago.........who could have seen this coming!?

Amazing...and of course, that's just the local interest. St. George didn't distribute in the midwest or the east this time around, though I gather that will change with the second batch.

Could you explain for those of us who have led sheltered lives?
How refreshing! :cheers: A visual aid:

post-143-1198361844.jpg

This man is not using US currency. Also not shown here is the razor blade used for chopping chunks into powder.