beau_cauchemar

Death in the Afternoon: Revisited

my first truley drunk post... :yahoo:

this is my second night trying DITA...

Heidrun sparkling mead with Vieux Carre.

Heidrun,Vieux Carre,St.Germain.

Kübler and heidrun.

Good stuff.

I wouldn't use my Meadow of Love or Marteau in it but, lucid,Kübler,any lower price but not vile absinthe...hell yes.

Added the St.Germain to bump up sweetness,thats good too.I haven't tried just sugar.

I like it but I can see where it wont be to everyones taste.

And a little warning,damn I'm drunk and it's only glass (champagne flute) no. 2.

O.K I think I've got all the typos reduced.....

Skal!

Whoah, easy there podner. :laugh:

Fortunately I've got a little VC hiding out around here somewhere. I've been thinking about getting some locally carbonated swill and try a DITA out sometime I've been wondering about experimenting, we have such wonderful offerings of sparkin' wines here.

well...

I now see what some say about cheap champagne being the good choice for DITA.

I used Heidrun the first time but tonight cheap,nearly flat Freixenet brut.

Damn good.

Once again,I'm sure it won't be to everyones taste but I found it delightful with a nice custard filled chocolate eclaire.

Freixenet brut and Kübler,to good tastes that taste great together.

I look for whatever I can find in a half bottle of champagne. Guess I'll have to try it with a blanche sometime, the St. Germain sounds like an interesting variant. I have a lot of that to use up. But, as mentioned earlier in this topic, I've found nothing better than Doub's for a DITA.

I've been wanting to try a DITA for awhile, so today i spotted a bottle of Korbel Brut for less than $10 and grabbed it.

Now to decide... Lucid or Leopold. (almost out of Kübler, Kall & Clandestine)

Edited by OneBadPig

Leopold.

Lucid does not do well in a DITA, I've found. If you want a real treat, try prosecco and Meadow of Love sometime. :heart: :heart: :heart:

... :heart: Prosecco (+ mol) definitely! it's creamier than other sparklings, not too dry (or sweet). I like Villa Jolanda in particular, Mionetto- tends to be flat and I can't recall any others that stood out lately :cheers:

I did the Leopold/ Korbel DITA last night.

Tasted okay, but unfortunately the aftertaste was nasty. ( i am sure it would be better with a sweeter champagne or a little suger)

Another strange thing was how the bubbles burst on my tongue...like i had a mouthful of "pop rocks".

Nix the Korbel (the Champagne claim is negligable), there are better sparklings on the market that may even be more reasonably priced... you (and Leopold) deserve something better :cheers: