JM_IrishCoop

1 bottle of L'Artisanale for $350 ?!?!?!?!?

Snaking up a very limited edition bottle of what was basically an art project, taking it away from those that appreciate it just to then try and sell it back to them for your own measly gain doesn't sound like a 'love' for the craft. Lying about who you are because reaching your target marketing audience is more important than integrity doesn't sound like someone I would trust or want to give money.

You have failed here, burnt all your bridges, and shot the repair crews, just accept and move on with your life.

Oxy did make those comments, at the Lounge of all places.

Let's don't go overboard making Jim the Devil. All he's done is steal from our friends and lie to us constantly. He's never harmed any animals, that I know of.

I might be the only person here who's actually bought anything from Jim. I got one of the Tarrangona samples he sold in his first big scam, the one that got him outed over at FeeVerte. I've always given Jim the benfit of the significant doubt, and assumed that the sample he sent me was indeed Tarragona, it certainly was very smooth, rich absinthe.

The "only" thing he did wrong in that affair was to convince a friend of Luc's to send him some valuable bottles of vintage before he had paid for them, and then lie to him, telling him the bottles had never arrived. Jim then sold samples from the stolen bottles, possibly to raise the money to pay for them after the fact. To be honest, I've forgotten whether Luc's friend ever got his money. It might be worth going back to look at the original story to find that out.

Since then, all I'm aware of is the bottle forgery (putting a vintage label onto a different vintage bottle is creating a new forged item, even if the first person who buys it is made aware that you put the label on it) and the identity theft, (Jello) and the more or less constant deception.

The recent deceptions are more hilarious than evil, going to all the trouble of building a fake identity in advance, lying to us for days in order to build crediblity as a potential new friend in our midst, only for the purpose of...what?

Did you really think an auction for an unopened bottle of L'Artisanale on ebay would go unnoticed by all the absinthe-obssessed computer geeks that make up these forums? You had to construct another elaborate lie like this so we'd notice your auction?

What a maroon.

I thought I read somewhere in The Cornfield that JMFranc wasn't going to be allowed to register here under any name ever again? Maybe I read it wrong.

You are correct. He sometimes gets in under false identities. Once he's outed, he's flushed. We leave that to Hiram.

Can you even find it in your heart to admit that's a litle shady????????
Of course it is. But how would I inform you all otherwise?
You wouldn't, which is the way we want it. We don't want you here, we want you gone.
I thought I read somewhere in The Cornfield that JMFranc wasn't going to be allowed to register here under any name ever again? Maybe I read it wrong.
We always get him eventually. That's because he always eventually tries to pull a shady deal, which suggests that he has no real desire to participate here in good faith, but only to make a buck off of us.

Buh bye, Jim.

Buh bye, Jim.

I'm still here you old crotchety Hungarian Grandma. May the paprika of time blow you off your high-horse.

I could continue to post with a number of accounts but I will save that for another shill-job.

Bottle still available!

I'm still here you old crotchety Hungarian Grandma. May the paprika of time blow you off your high-horse.

I could continue to post with a number of accounts but I will save that for another shill-job.

Bottle still available!

Oh my God - he is everywhere! I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep at night!

Bottle still available!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laf:

OK I'll admit I didn't get why there was so much bad feelings toward this guy until I read Wild Bill Turkey's explanation of the entire situation. Now I'm finding the whole thing more than a bit hillarious. But it still sucks for those that got ripped off. :thumbdown:

Let's don't go overboard making Jim the Devil. All he's done is steal from our friends and lie to us constantly. He's never harmed any animals, that I know of.

I'm surprised at you, Wild Bill...one of the major no-nos on Anton (Satan) LaVey's list is the harming of animals, so Jimmy may still qualify. :devil:

The "only" thing he did wrong in that affair was to convince a friend of Luc's to send him some valuable bottles of vintage before he had paid for them, and then lie to him, telling him the bottles had never arrived. Jim then sold samples from the stolen bottles, possibly to raise the money to pay for them after the fact. To be honest, I've forgotten whether Luc's friend ever got his money. It might be worth going back to look at the original story to find that out.

Luc's friend didn't get the money back, but the bottles.

Interesting and entertaining read. 3 pages in now, he has at least avoided living up to Oscar Wilde's famous words in my personal note pad below. Certainly has made me happy and amused and for that, JM IrishPoop, I am thankful!

OMG (not you Bill), it WAS him! I had a feeling, that's why I threw in that "vintage label" comment to see if it would bait him out of the woodworks.

Entertaining read indeed. I'd easily put this in the 'What made you happy and amused you today" thread. Even made my fever go down a bit. :)

May the paprika of time blow you
Dear Odin, that sounds kinky. The 'paprika of time'? :laf: This guy must without doubt be a

pastafarian_hiqual.jpg

Bottle still available!

Between this and T73's Dr. Smith post, I'm thinking this is great! I've never been on a board that had a recurring villain!

Wow!

It must be the inspiration of absinthe...

By the way, I take it he doesn't actually register as "JM_IrishCoop" and "JM_Xian" - I see that when people reply their quote tags leave out the "JM_" part. Though it would be like something from Beckett if he could just blithely register as JM_<Whatever> and not be outed until one of these threads occurred.

-- T

Full?

The "only" thing he did wrong... lots of very true words...

You forgot,

he piggybacked the photos on a website of a client of his,

the client was informed.

... I take it he doesn't actually register as "JM_IrishCoop" and "JM_Xian" - I see that when people reply their quote tags leave out the "JM_" part.
No, I generally add that after he's outed himself.

I used to think he was just a stubborn weirdo; I've come to think that he may be a full-blown sociopath.

No, really.

Full?

No, one of the bottle was missing one or two samples.