Photo

1 bottle of L'Artisanale for $350 ?!?!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31 Derrick

Derrick

Intoxicologist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:24 AM

And so it begins...again.
"Reality is a crutch for people who can't enjoy absinthe."

#32 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,332 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:36 AM

All I wasnt is a bottle of L'Artianale. :)

Whoa....

Does that mean you're. like, GOD, man? :worshippy: :tongue:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#33 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

I have never sold ANY fake items - ever. I think Hiram, reluctantly, will have to admit that. All the preban I have sold was exactly that - and many claim it was one of the best they have had. Anyone who received fake ANYTHING from me - speak up. Let it all out.

#34 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:43 AM

even though you've sold fake stuff in the past

Have I sold YOU something fake? Of course not. You are assuming that I have sold something fake. Again, anyone personally buy from me that thought it was fake? Speak up. I have never done that.

#35 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:44 AM

Must work on language skills.

Thanks Absomphe. :)
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#36 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

I just received an offer from a person here with A LOT of posts on this forum. Not everyone falls for the "group mind" around here.

Bottle still for sale. $250 with shipping included in the USA. Feel free to email me at jmfranc@yahoo.com

Edited by IrishCoop, 11 December 2007 - 08:57 AM.

#37 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,332 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:56 AM

Not everyone falls for the "group mind" around here.

Oh, c'mon, Jimmy.

You might as well just admit you're a shyster, resistance is futile.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#38 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

So what if your photo shows a sealed bottle? Doesn't mean it is now.

With your reputation who would even take the chance? I don't think one would reasonably expect to be able to get their money back if the bottle came other than how you describe it.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#39 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

Again with the assumptions. SHOW ME WHERE I SOLD SOMETHING FAKE?!?!? This is L'Artisanale, and filled with L'Artisanale. Should I take a picture of the bottle with today's paper so you can see the date. Give me a break. If you want the bottle, fine, buy it. I HAVE NEVER SOLD ANYTHING FAKE. What part of that is so hard to understand. Not one person will come forward claiming to have bought something from me that was fake.

#40 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:09 AM

Instead of rehashing recent history (you did do the search, didn't you :devil: ), let's assume you have never, never sold anything remotely misleading from exactly what you accurately described. Fine.

But you are a shill.
You did register as someone else and then tried to direct traffic to your auction, yes?
You have registered "IrishCoop" under a false name (in violation of WS registration procedure), haven't you?

It is so tempting to flush your ass right now but I think I'll let the other cats play with the mouse.
Have fun, kids.

#41 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:11 AM

Walks like a duck...
"I really like depriving myself of things. It's fun! Very monastic." - Kosmo

#42 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

I seem to recall something before about putting a vintage label on a vintage bottle and not volunteering this information in the auction until after someone called you out on it.

That's all I need to know you're dishonest. All anyone else should need, too. But then there's also the shilling you do like in this thread. And constantly showing up where you're not wanted and pretending to be someone else. Who would believe a repeated liar like yourself? You're such a liar.

If the bottle you're selling is legit, although overpriced, you have only yourself to blame if nobody wants it based on your reputation.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#43 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:18 AM

Quacks like a duck...

#44 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

I seem to recall something before about putting a vintage label on a vintage bottle and not volunteering this information in the auction until after someone called you out on it.

Irish, I'm sure you're going to say that this doesn't mean what you sold was fake. Well, I think in anyone's mind, tampering with a bottle by putting a different label on it in order to sell it for a higher price is forgery of some sort. Ergo it's fake.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#45 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

But you are a shill.

Wow, I guess all the people that post items for sale ON THIS WEBSITE are shills' too? Isn't that a Jewish reference yo are making?

I am offering a great bottle of absinthe at a more than fair price. Period. Buy it or don't buy it. End of story.

#46 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:03 AM

Again, 100% false. When I posted that item for sale I wrote "original 1910 label added by me". You are mixing reality with your feelings towards me.

#47 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

Shill
–noun
1. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc. See: JMFranc
2. a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

Someone that posts something for sale is not a shill.

Origin: The duplicitous "shill" is a fixture of circus and carnival life, and has been since the word first appeared in English around 1916. The figurative use of "shill" as a synonym for "paid promoter" or "apologist" has only been around since about 1974. There is no evidence the word is Yiddish in origin although that you assumed such would cast even darker shadows on your character.

#48 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

Wow, I guess all the people that post items for sale ON THIS WEBSITE are shills' too?

Are you insane? Seriously. You have issues. Someone who is a legitimate member who posts something for sale is completely different from someone who poses as someone else just to post information about their own sale. Can you even find it in your heart to admit that's a litle shady????????

Not to mention the fact that you know that you are joining a forum that has banned you.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#49 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:44 AM

Shill
–noun
1. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc. See: JMFranc
2. a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

Someone that posts something for sale is not a shill.

Origin: The duplicitous "shill" is a fixture of circus and carnival life, and has been since the word first appeared in English around 1916. The figurative use of "shill" as a synonym for "paid promoter" or "apologist" has only been around since about 1974. There is no evidence the word is Yiddish in origin although that you assumed such would cast even darker shadows on your character.

Thank you for the correction. Sorry I suggested you were racist.

#50 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:46 AM

Can you even find it in your heart to admit that's a litle shady????????

Of course it is. But how would I inform you all otherwise? Advertising! Should I register under jmfranc2 ?

#51 Pan Buh

Pan Buh

Incomplete Absinthe Geek

• Indefinite Suspension
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

You don't think the players here watch e-bay for absinthe items without you pointing out what's over-priced? Damn, you bit your own nose off and you don't even realize it.

Smells like shit to me. Duck shit.

When do we get to flush? Or do we need to ask how many other names he's already here under?

#52 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

He's outed and once again, fooling no one. I'll leave it to Hiram to flush.

I am intrigued with his registering as JMFranc2 (not agreeing to it mind you, merely intrigued). I don't think it'd work but it does make for interesting scenarios. I wonder if he really likes absinthe or only sees it as a way to make a buck?

He reminds me of
Attached File  DrSmith.JPG   67.34KB   14 downloads

#53 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

But that guy didn't use internet anonymity. He was just a (pick a part below the waist).

Kind of makes me feel violated.

Want some candy little boy? *shudder*
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#54 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

I wonder if he really likes absinthe or only sees it as a way to make a buck?

I actually like it a bit too much. I have about 60 bottles and twelve to fifteen preban samples and 2 bottles of preban. I don't really drink much except for absinthe. I still think the Jade Edouard is one of my favorites.

#55 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

Of course it is. But how would I inform you all otherwise? Advertising!

You wouldn't inform us at all, since you shouldn't be here. It's interesting to see how you justify yourself. I feel dirty just talking to you.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#56 Pan Buh

Pan Buh

Incomplete Absinthe Geek

• Indefinite Suspension
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

What is it then that compels you to try and dupe and prey upon other members of the absinthe community? Oxy has commented elsewhere about doing business with you (Oxy as the vendor) in a perfectly acceptable business-like way. But you turn-around and treat others with an interest in absinthe far less scrupulously. Why?

#57 JM_IrishCoop

JM_IrishCoop

Newcomer

• Canned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

Oxy has commented elsewhere about doing business with you (Oxy as the vendor) in a perfectly acceptable business-like way.

I don't believe he made those comments until I read them for myself. Don't ask about Oxy and me. There are things I cannot comment on but would like to.

#58 Jaded Prole

Jaded Prole

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

Isn't that the same scumbag that bought 2 bottles upon it's release and then tried to sell them here for an exhorbitant price? :thumbdown:

Even Jesus wouldn't charge that much for it.

#59 biznacho

biznacho

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:30 PM

I thought I read somewhere in The Cornfield that JMFranc wasn't going to be allowed to register here under any name ever again? Maybe I read it wrong.

#60 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

If you like absinthe as much as you say, then you wouldn't be selling that one.

I have a bottle and it ain't goin' nowhere, and I'm not much of a keeper.

So, obviously you know its rarity/history and considered it thinking you could make a killin'.

Daffy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association