Shane333

My New Homemade Fountain

A pic of my homemade fountain. I want to thank everyone here for the ideas and the info on what to use and how to do it. It was alot of fun to make and to USE!

post-1668-1197218707_thumb.jpg

Excuse me, but, fuck yeah, man. :cheers:

Now you're going to have to do an exploded diagram and step-by-step explanation of the parts and processes necessary to replicate this wonderful unique fountain of yours.

For the etching I used this glass etching cream called Armor Etch. I put masking tape on the glass and used a razor knife to cut out the design. Applied the etching cream, let it set and then washed it off. That's it.

You can buy adhesive stencils to use. All of this can be found at any hobby shop. I got mine at the Hobby Lobby in my area.

Gotta love Hobby Lobby and I gotta say I love your fountain. You're making me want to make another one myself. :thumbup:

ooh nice... i like it!

we gotta get a how-to list together for folks new to the game, esp. how the hole drilling pain 'n' suffering (read: "shattering")...:o

so how'd you drill this? tell us the whole boring story...;)

Very nice work. The etching is definitely a nice touch, as well. :thumbup:

One day I'll get off my butt and take a stab at it, myself...one day.

That is a beautiful fountain. I am imspired to make another one.

Just a bit of encouragement for people: etching on glass is VERY easy - and looks impressive. If you can't find it in a hobby store - most paint stores (like Sherwin Williams) also carry the cream.

Just curious...might be heading out to the local Home Despot tonight for drill bits...what's the proper size hole for the commonly available spigots ...is it 3/8" or is it larger?