Poor

Lucid Hits Chicago

Perhaps I could repeat my performance if samples of other products where to appear on my doorstep. :g:

But I kid.

I shall do this again once I acquire some Kübler.

I wonder if I may post a review of Herbsainte and Razzouk, as I have tasted both?

PS- Argh! I used an emoticon!

I have to put my vote with the Lucid-haters. While my Manswill - I mean Mansinthe - very quickly grew on me, I have made it through most of my bottle of Lucid and have disliked every single serving. There's just this funky smell and taste that I don't think I'll ever acquire no matter how many times I drink it. Of the Jades, Mansinthe, K53, and Lucid that I have now tried, I can definitely say Lucid is rock bottom and wins my Swill Award of the Year. Yuck.

B) Lucid is for your guests whose Absinthe worthyness likely questionable;that way no loss if

they're scared away by it. Most Guests that are Absinthe Newbies deserve something better to start....

Agreed. I'd rather go with something more universally appreciated to see if someone likes the general taste of absinthe. I don't see Lucid as a newbie drink because, to me, it doesn't really taste much like absinthe; it's less than the sum of its parts.

Yep I agree totally with the last few posts. I don't like it, but it's great to give out to others. Although agree again as I hardly consdier it an absinthe as it tastes like shit. Glad it's properly made and all but it has to be worth drinking and sadly it barely is if you ask me.

Got and email stating that my order from Binnys was shipped today and should arrive Wednesday. They also charged my credit card the $23 a bottle price that it was listed at when I ordered, despite the negative comments in this thread i'm still excited to receive my first US legal absinthe. The total cost of the two bottle plus shipping was equal to the cost of shipping I paid for my orders from LDF alone.

Same here. Lucid isn't my favorite absinthe but at $28 a bottle including shipping, it iswas my favorite-priced absinthe.
;)

If I enjoyed Lucid so much and it appears to be so lackluster, I can't wait until I procure something finer like a Jade or Clandestine. Those will probably blow me out of the water. I still love Lucid for what it is, better than Herbsainte and Arak, both of which I also enjoy. No regrets on my purchase!

Same here. Lucid isn't my favorite absinthe but at $28 a bottle including shipping, it iswas my favorite-priced absinthe.

;)

Really? Personal taste issues aside, ( other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif )

is there another authentic CO that comes close to the price? Granted, this sale price is gone, now but I'm not aware of anything in the States that has ever come close to that price. That's be very cool!

...While my Manswill - I mean Mansinthe - very quickly grew on me,

I wouldn't want to agree with you there. I'd keep an eye on that....;)

Sorry you don't like Lucid. My two bottles will be here by the end of the week, so I can put my Eddy away for special occasions.

...I'm not aware of anything in the States that has ever come close to that price. That's be very cool!

I agree with you there. Although, I don't think I've tasted a non-one-off commercial absinthe that--if absinthe weren't such a niche, small-batch product--would be credible at over $50 average retail price. I haven't had Marteau, Roquette, Mystique, or Belle Amie yet so maybe that could change.

better than... Arak

Can't agree with you there.

Nor I.

Arak may be les complex, but it tends to be remarkably clean, fragrant from green anise, and delicious.

Maybe Lucid needs some long-aging in clay jars.

I got a voicemail from Binny's yesterday, but it got it too late to return the call. I'm hoping it's not bad news.

:g:

Edit: My fat finners keyed in my CC# wrong...all fixed (for now)

I haven't had Marteau, Roquette, Mystique, or Belle Amie yet so maybe that could change.

I don't want to knock any of these as I'm sure they are very good, however, from LDF and Maison du Absinthe (for the Belle Amie). The brand name, the size offered, the price (converted from Euros or Pounds Sterling) and the price for 1 liter (scaled up from the offered size):

Marteau 50cl $58 ($116)

Roquette 70cl $93 ($133)

Mystique 50cl $66 ($132)

Belle Amie 70cl $71 ($101)

for comparison

Jades 75cl $114 ($152)

Plus shipping.

Of course, the makers can't control the fall of the dollar relative to the Euro and Pound and these dollar prices reflect that fall.

Maybe I'll decide one or more of those are worth their price.

Really, though, I hate to act like it's all real simple, but as a consumer exchange rates and all that crap don't matter to me. A lot of what I drink is made in Europe. Absinthe prices are always absurd, even the two available domestically. And Jade is just plain insane.

but as a consumer exchange rates and all that crap don't matter to me.

Yeah, I used to think that, until the trip I planned to go back to Madrid in the spring ended up costing me $3,000 more than anticipated, and my most recent absinthe order easily topped $400 for four bottles. ;)

Well, what I mean is that I'm tired of "exchange rates" being an excuse for why absinthe is so expensive. Other liquor I buy that's made in Europe doesn't cost as much.

but as a consumer exchange rates and all that crap don't matter to me.

Yeah, I used to think that, until the trip I planned to go back to Madrid in the spring ended up costing me $3,000 more than anticipated, and my most recent absinthe order easily topped $400 for four bottles. ;)

Well if you buy from LDF the S&H is the same for up to 3 bottles. That's why I'm buying everything in batches of three, no matter how much it seems to hurt my wallet, in the long run it saves some money.

Prezactly, Peridot!

Meatwaggon, I find that I can save a little scratch by placing a, ahem, larger order than allowed as the shipping "tweaks" as you add more to your cart. ;)

Well, what I mean is that I'm tired of "exchange rates" being an excuse for why absinthe is so expensive. Other liquor I buy that's made in Europe doesn't cost as much.

Got it.

I think it's the hand picking of the finest wormwood, pontica, chamomile, and other herbs by Alpine maidens that drives up the price.