I heard you were "boron" today (for the Bruce Willis fans). Thought I'd suggest the following link as worth a chuckle if my attempt at sly reference makes sense:

Elements

Have a great one, with absinthe of course! :cheers:

Aww, jeez guys,thanks!

I've been lurking around, just not much to say.

We've moved to Texas(home) from Portland, and with school and all I've been a little busy. Never to busy to lurk, however.

I miss Portland. It's hot here. and windy. and dry. The beer of choice is Bud light by the pitcher. GROSS!

There is a microbrewery here, but the cowboys all hate it. That is just too uppity for west Texas. They call the owner a fag, and threaten him with physical violence. His beer does suck, I have to admit, and at $4 a pint, there could be possible justification for retribution, I guess.

ANYWAYS,

thanks all for your sweet and thoughtful birthday wishes. I have my 2 bottles left, the VdF and the other one. They haven't been opened for about 6 weeks, so maybe it's time this evening.

I still don't know how to shrink my pix for uploading, so sorry.

xoxo,

amy

:wub:

The beer of choice is Bud light by the pitcher. GROSS!

There is a microbrewery here, but the cowboys all hate it. That is just too uppity for west Texas. They call the owner a fag, and threaten him with physical violence. His beer does suck, I have to admit, and at $4 a pint, there could be possible justification for retribution, I guess.

Sounds like one of the deeper circles of Hell. Ah, well, as long as it's within the reach of the flying monkeys ...

Belated congarats. :clap:

Yikes! "B'day" was not meant in any way, shape, or fashion to resemble "bidet". Good for a chuckle though, Hiram.

I figured my bumbling attempt to make reference to "The Fifth Element" (a little google-bird said it was your favorite...) would be the inspiration for any tangents. Who knew?

As for the Texas locale and "welcome wagon", I hope we hear no tales of any barkeeps being dragged behind a pickup truck, no matter how bad the beer is...

I'll take the opportunity to insinuate another anecdote. On a trip through the great state of Texas (one bitter winter break from college), I was outside some hell-hole named "Van Horn" on my way to Phoenix. 'Stopped at a truck stop for something to eat and ran into a young hispanic fellow and his little brother. Seems he'd run out of gas and the truck stop clerks wouldn't sell him any (pumps had just closed, don't you know). I siphoned a couple of gallons out of my tank to help him get to El Paso. What a miserable night. Nothing like freezing your hands with spilt/volatilizing gas in the middle of winter...