zobop

Is 1.5 oz. the typical drink amount?

Agreed. As mentioned, everyone likes their drink a different strength. There's nothing wrong with a bit more or a bit less water. Just like there's nothing wrong with sugaring or not sugaring your tipple.
I agree Shabba. Please understand I am not try to argue with personal taste.

:cheers:

My point is that it's not like saying "louching is better than flaming." Each technique has its own unique results and from those you can see one is better suited to absinthe than the other.

This "absinthe is ready when the line is gone" idea does not have clear results that make it better because temperature, height from which the water falls, and probably even the amount of anethole in the drink will all make a difference so that it won't be the same amount of water every time with every brand with every water source. It's not just a matter of taste, although it is that too.

Having good credentials doesn't make everything that comes out of one's mouth correct or universal. Unless Great Uncle Radomil says it.

I thought with a Pontarlier glass you didn't get a line?

I would hypothesize that there might be absinthes where this effect might be less pronounced? Do you think this is possible?

I get that clear line in any glass.

The only absinthes I know of where the effect is less pronounced are ones with weaker louches. A really thick louche creates a thick contrast.

My point is that it's not like saying "louching is better than flaming." Each technique has its own unique results and from those you can see one is better suited to absinthe than the other.

This "absinthe is ready when the line is gone" idea does not have clear results that make it better because temperature, height from which the water falls, and probably even the amount of anethole in the drink will all make a difference so that it won't be the same amount of water every time with every brand with every water source. It's not just a matter of taste, although it is that too.

Having good credentials doesn't make everything that comes out of one's mouth correct or universal. Unless Great Uncle Radomil says it.

I agree that there are other techniques and I'm not saying one is better than the other. as to Ted,he does have standing in the absinthe community, which gives my point credibility. That's it, I'm not saying anything else.

:cheers: enjoy your weekend

TR.