eas

who is eas

Hi All! I'm Eric, live in Minnesota and by day import spirits and the occaisional wine with Haus Alpenz. Long before joining the business I've hauled bottles of Pastis and Absinthe in bags from Europe travels, though the latter had to stop when starting with the import biz. Over the past two year have had to deal with many of the challenges surrounding thujone when exploring a number of traditional Amaros/bitter liqueurs which contain (now or formerly) artemisia wormwood. Alpenz policy prohibits the use of forums to promote our products, but am happy to answer questions as appropriate by the rules and spirit of the forum. Moreover I'm here to learn, share and, to the extent possible, support the cause. Cheers!

Thanks! I often end up hauling sample and treasure hunt spirit bottles back from my travels, and I suspect I'm not alone in this forum ending up in the Ag Inspection line when returning from trips!

Hey, Eric! Good to see you in this neighborhood. :wave2:

Alpenz' policy may prohibit the use of forums to promote your products, but it doesn't prohibit me from talking up your company, and how you guys import some of the most intriguing artisanal spirits I've ever had. The Rothman & Winter Creme de Violette has its own thread, but the Orchard Apricot liqueur with an eau-de-vie base absolutely kicks ass -- much less sugary and much more fruitily evocative than any apricot liqueur I've come across. Ditto on the Blume Marillen apricot eau de vie.

I still need to lay in a bottle of the Batavia Arrack, but I'm heading to WhiskyFest in SF in a couple of weeks, and I'm bringing the BIG suitcase for souvenirs I pick up at the liquor stores.

Anyway -- welcome!

My bags are already full, and I've more to pick up over the next three days. Open the kimono? Got a Pastis 51, two different artemisia wormword amaros, Amer LBv1908, Amer Picon 2007, Spirkov Likur (rosehip), Guigolet Kirsch (tre tre bien). Then I'll get plied with the sparkling Gruner and Blaufrankish samples tomorrow.

Those Built NY carriers make such a world of different in packing. Fitting in the holiday chcocolates will be dodgy.

Now as a newbie, can someone direct me to a forum specific to Pastis and evaluation on? Thanks!

Edited by eas

Welcome Eric! :cheers: It was good meeting you at TOC; I'm glad you finally made it here.

can someone direct me to a forum specific to Pastis and evaluation on?

Good Spirits & Other Potables would be a good place to start or peruse discussions on any non-absinthe spirits or other drinks.

For ratings and reviews of pastis, we have a small (but hopefully growing) Absinthe Substitutes & Pastis section on the main web site. Feel free to add anything that would fall into the category, but familiarize yourself with the Absinthe Review Guide first.

And of course you may feel free to send me samples of anything you may want feedback on. ;)

Welcome aboard, Sir! :cheers: