Trid

So you want your elixir shipped

To hijack the Kübler thread...

For the record, the official stance on the US Postal Service is that no alcoholic beverages can be sent via USPS as stated at the bottom of this page.

I have a giant stick up my rear about the brown Monkeys and prefer the purple-n-green variety, myself.

Input?

Not sure what carrier is purple and green or are you talking two separate intities? FedEx for sure as far as I'm concerned. DHL is not bad but they have a clandestine way of getting things to you from time to time. Hard to explain but their tracking is not always in conjunction with the expected arrival date/time which, for me, has turned out to be favorable in the past.

Yes, the purple and green would be FedEx. I've always had good luck with them in my present locale...in stark contrast with oops.

I also prefer FedEx and DHL for receiving. Unfortunately, UPS is just so damn convenient for my shipping and I get a hell of a good price.

The red monkeys delivered my Pontarlier Plain Glass a day earlier than the expected delivery date. My wife walked outside and saw the package sitting in the garage. She was home all day and says she never heard a doorbell or knock. Usually, my dogs let us know if anyone gets near our front door.

Oh well, at least it is here!

I really should fill it with something. :devil:

My Kübler detoured through Kentucky before it arrived in Montana today. Six days, thanks to the brown monkeys. I have had payroll go from Seattle to Southern Cal before, too. Slightly tanned payroll doesn't make the employees happy.

my Pontarlier Plain Glass

I just got two of those. I love them even though the reservoirs on each one are entirely different shaped.

I don't know about elsewhere, but out here:

Brown = UPS

Purple/Orange = FedEx

Yellow/Red = DHL

Personally, UPS is usually cheaper, but those dumbasses will leave a package right on the street in the rain.

FedEx is usually pretty reliable and when I can, I'll deal with them.

I've never shipped via DHL but I've received a lot, and the Monkey is pretty hot.

I've only dealt with DHL once. My laptop broke and Apple overnighted a box to me via DHL. They seemed pretty cool; they waited while I put it into the box and taped it up. This was the first time I had ever heard of DHL, a couple years ago.

They have a delivery outpost or something at the office complex of one of my clients. Otherwise I have mostly used the other two carriers.

I just got two of those. I love them even though the reservoirs on each one are entirely different shaped.

I wasn't sure exactly what the glass would be like compared to the picture. I wish I would have bought two!

Hot monkeys notwithstanding, DHL rocks in my book. The lengths they have gone to in order that I might partake of my shipment on time really truly amaze me. Sorry LdF seems not to be using them anymore, as stated earlier.

I wasn't sure exactly what the glass would be like compared to the picture. I wish I would have bought two!

Where did you order the glasses from?

I would like to check them out, always looking for new additions.

Probably La Maison d'Absinthe.

And unless the FedEx tracking system is broken, there's no way my package will be delivered tomorrow as it is still sitting at the monkey lair in Memphis, TN.

Am I supposed to get mad now? Maybe I should hire Peridot as a Customer Advocate.

It's happened to me with Fed-Ex ground before. It took a package 15 days to get here from Las Vegas with a detour through scenic Memphis. When I called and complained loudly they clamied there was nothing they could do. I said "aren't you afiliated with the worlds largest overnight delivery service?" Separate divsions of the same company apparently. They do seem to be getting better in this area though.

Just the mention of sic'in Peridot on 'em must have gotten the wheels turning.

The tracking system says as of last night it was in Lewisberry, PA.

Thanks dude!

White Truck Ground= Roadway with white trucks.

Ground support calls are supposed to be the worst ones to handle because ground is so slow and badly managed. They still have to fill out big pieces of paper with carbon copies when they make a delivery, that alone adds a day or two to processing. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Oi, I am liking this job less every day I attend, and I haven't technically "worked" yet.

Power Tip- If you want to cause headaches at your monkey provider and speed the delivery of your lost/late package, tell customer service that it is very important medicine. If you get a noob on the phone or just an idiot (your chances are good) they will put a rush on the order and the tracing department will start digging for it. This may backfire though, the rep can easily look at the airbill in the computer and see that your "Important Brain Medicine" is being shipped from drinkupny.com or frigginbigswords4reel.net, they may nicely inform you that they are onto your game. What can the rep do? Put a "Bad Boy" flag on your shipping profile?

I prefer UPS to the others because I have never had a problem with them and the price is very affordable. The last couple packages I received from fedex at my apartment building where re-delivered three times without me even knowing it, I had to drive to pick them up, the apt number was clearly printed on the label. Stupid monkey.

I'm really fond of the service and price of FedEx ground, but they have size limitations. If I have something too big, I have to resort to the brown monkeys. Sat to say, but I've had stellar service from all colors of monkeys except brown in my current neck of the woods.

New for October, my shipments from both LdF and Alandia arrived via USPS. I've never received shipments from either dealer by anything other than private shipper before. Things are changing, I guess.