Today I just got my order of Kübler 53 and I was so excited that I immediately had to open it up and try it. So here's my second absinthe review ever. I feel it will be better than my last review. And, yes, I will try and post it in the review section under the main part of the site.

COLOR-10-IT'S WHITE....

LOUCHE-9-IT LOUCHES AND I LET WATER DRIP VERY SLOWLY THROUGH MY BROUILLIER SO THERE IS SOMETHING TO WATCH. THOUGH I AM PARTIAL TO BLANCHES, I MUST ADMIT, THEY AREN'T AS SPECTACULAR AS VERTES TO WATCH.

COLOR AFTER LOUCHE-9-I ADDED SUGAR JUST TO BE DIFFERENT THAN MY USUAL WAYS AND I NOW KNOW I DON'T LIKE SUGAR...IT LOOKS LIKE A NOT SO CLEAR SPRITE IF THAT MAKES SENSE...

AROMA-?-I HAVE PRACTICALLY NO SENSE OF SMELL, WHICH IN THIS CASE SUCKS....THOUGH I DON'T DETECT MUCH ALCOHOLIC HEAT AND I CAN SMELL ANISE...

MOUTH-FEEL-10-WOW!!!THIS WAS BY FAR THE CREAMIEST AND MOST THICK FEEL EVER....IT WASN'T AS CREAMY AS YOU WENT ALONG IN THE DRINK, BUT, BY FAR THE CREAMIEST EVER IN MY EXPERIENCE AND I MUST SAY I REALLY LIKE THAT...I DON'T LIKE THIN DRINKS...

TASTE-9-TO BE QUITE HONEST IT'S NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS CLANDESTINE LA BLEUE...BUT IT'S NOT THAT FAR OFF...AND THIS IS VERY TASTY ABSINTHE IN MY OPINION..

OVERALL IMPRESSION-8-IT'S NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS CLANDESTINE, BUT I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT. I MUST SAY I REALLY LIKE THIS DRINK. THE PRICE CAN'T BE BEAT AND IT IS SUCH A STRONG VALUE THAT I FEEL MANY AMERICAN ABSINTHEURS WILL BECOME REGULAR Kübler DRINKERS. I HAD SOME HIGH HOPES FOR THIS DRINK AND IT DEFINITELY MET THEM.

Here is my review of the US version of Kübler 53. I just copied and pasted another review for a different absinthe's format, and put in my marks and thoughts. i couldn't submit an official WWS review, cuz when i tried to sign up, the e-mail sent to me with the registration link was blank. being that i happen to be awake and drinking on the eve of my first night off (i work alot), i wanted to capture those first thoughts. i'll submit an official 5 point scoring after i get the registration sorted out. apologies. plus now i'm on my 3rd glass, and dayum!

COLOR BEFORE WATER : 9/10

clear. the way a blanch is supposed to appear right? so in order to keep it inline with other vertes that appear attractive, i give it a 9.

LOUCHE ACTION : 8/10

good trails, swirlies etc going on in there. seperates fine. louches quick though, but i suppose it would at 53 and not a higher abv.

COLOR AFTER WATER : 9/10

milky, opaque. nothing amazing, but the way it should be. unfortunately it seems that verts have a harder time scoring points here than the blanches.

AROMA : 27/30

I don't know each herbs fragrance, so I won't attempt to go there. I can only compare it to other absinthes i have had. i must say it is very fresh, clean, smooth smelling. sweet, minty. It is close to CLB, maybe a bit more minty, and less sweet smelling. Both very good, and close in aroma character, but slightly different. A little alcohol heat, but not overbearing.

MOUTH FEEL - 9/10

Creamy cream cream cream. Like it came from an absinthe cow's utters hahhaha.

TASTE - 17/20

Curve ball. Some alcohol bite and tongue numbness, however, the aftertaste is very, very clean, fresh. after it first hit the palate i thought the aftertaste was going to be not very desirable, being that initially it doesn't come off as sweet as CLB. It finishes equal to the CLB.

OVERALL IMPRESSION - 8/10

Alot of thoughts right now about this one. It finishes very good (aftertaste), maybe the best i have had. prior to your tongue getting numb though, it starts out with some alcohol bite which wasn't as prevalent with the CLB in my opinion. it also doesn't start as candy apple as the CLB either. after the first glass though, it is right up there with any other in my book. the price is excellent at $51 shipped from drinkupny, and 1 liter is a nice bonus as well. i would put it above lucid (not by a landslide, but above it). it is definitely head shoulders and trunk above BDF though.

cheers.

p.s. if my math is correct that's an 89 total.

Edited by Energy

If you're going to use the Fée Verte scoring system, you should post the review to FV, not here.

sorry dude. once i input the 5 point one, i'll go back and edit the numerical scores in this thread to match the WWS format. hope that suffices for ya.

not trying to stir up any trouble. :pirate:

I know at the liquor store down the street from me (Hi Time Wine Celler) Kübler is going for $41.99.

$41.99? And down the street from you? How nice!

When I ask the distributors about bringing absinthe here to the middle of the sea, they answer, "What's that?"

Unfortunately, it looks like the Kübler is $53.99 at BevMo.

According to their sometimes unreliable online inventory they currently have bottles available for pick up at the Antioch, Albany, Brea, Canoga Park, Chino Hills, Citrus Heights, etc. stores.

Bevmo Kübler Page

~Erik

POP!

Hear that? That was my absinthe cherry going bye-bye.

I picked up a bottle of Kübler 53 at BevMo on Black Friday. Had a glass that night. And 2 more last night.

I wasn't quite sure if I liked it after the first glass. It smelled like I was eating Good N' Plenty in a herb garden. The tasted reminded me of the Razzouk I had a my friends place. It was clearly more complex than that, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Resigned myself to trying some more on Saturday.

Picked up some sugar cubes and a sports bottle (figured it would be less messy to louche using that) on my lunch break. Brought the whole shabangabang over the the gf's house and mixed up a glass. I don't know if it was the slower louche or what, but the second and third glasses made me a fan. Still smelled like Good N' Plenty, possibly due to the wine glass I was drinking from, but the taste was much improved.

I wish I could afford to drink this every night but that's just not in the cards for me. Possibly if the prices drop it will be, but until then it's a special occasion drink.

Now to start using a looser definition of 'special occasion...' :thumbup:

Woo! I tied my shoes 500 consecutive times this year! Break out the Kübler!

Wait! I just poured my 392nd glass of absinthe! Break out the Kübler!

If I tried sweeping my own chimney, I'd probably end up making an ash of myself.

There's more than one joke in there.

Right Abs?

Sweeping your own chimney?

Funny you should mention that...there's this Irish flick, "The Front Line" that I watched last night, and this gang of thieves had a very interesting method of sweeping a guy's chimney...it involved the insertion of a large knitting needle into the p..........

Well, I'll try to be a bit circumspect, and leave the rest to your imagination. :devil:

Funny you should mention that...there's this Irish flick, "The Front Line" that I watched last night, and this gang of thieves had a very interesting method of sweeping a guy's chimney...it involved the insertion of a large knitting needle into the p..........

Pulmonary-artery? Yeah, it's a hard scene to watch.

Actually I've never seen the movie, and I don't think I will now. Thanks for the heads up by fore-warning me about it that scene. I would not have relished taking the time to sit down and watch that movie to have that pop up in the middle of it.

Penis.

Sweeping your own chimney?

Despite the rest of that description,

Yes, I cut my own wood, stack it, split it, re-stack it and burn it. I guess I should be able to sweep the chimney, too. Sitting on top of the roof with the view it affords make the job worthwhile. I can damn-near see Seattle.

Damn it !

Unfortunately, I thought I just imagined that Irish Flick!

...Yes, be very glad, fée époussetée!!

Touching a chimney-sweep brings good luck. I sure hope you gave Maggie a chance to get lucky.
I did get lucky! I started a little fire over on the sledding hill and grooved on nature while T73, Silent, and the Punk cleaned the chimney. :devil:

I think I'll celebrate with a Kübler.