Im getting my absinthe soon and i figured i will need a glass and spoon or one of these.Pontarlier-Dripper-Set.jpg

I would rather have one of the drippers but ill take what i can get now.

If anyone would sell me one of these, post or pm me.

Thanks

Ben

:cheers:

I'm not sure why I never it never dawned on me, but considering their stainless brouilleur...why haven't I just gotten a stainless spice bowl and drilled a hole in the bottom.

Duh... :huh:

I'm going to get my drill now...

I thought this thread was going to be an open letter to me from a dyslexic person.

Turns out to be good anyway, because I happened to notice that Maison d'Absinthe now has what I've always wished for, Pontarlier glasses with no facets cut into the glass. I thought I was going to have to find a glass blower to make me some of those. The idea seems so obvious to me that it's always frustrated me that nobody made them. They might turn out to be the ultimate absinthe glasses, I'll post comments and pictures when they get here.

Yes, La Rochere! Amazon is not where I bought mine, but that's what I have, thanks to my sharp-eyed wife. I really dig the way they look.

Pontarlier glasses with no facets cut into the glass.

Amen.

I like a lot of the La Rochere line, but the Pontarlier glass they do is not my favorite. It doesn't really have a reservoir to speak of.

edit: I take it back. The one that's shown now does have a reservoir; it looks like they've come out with a newer design. When did that happen?

P.S. WTB??

Just went and checked the la Rochere absinthe glass. It looks the same to me. Maybe they took a better photo, but the reservoir looks about the same, like maybe 2.5cl at best. I've never liked that glass, both because of the tiny reservoir, and the heavy, molded facets that keep you from seeing what's going on in the glass.

Absinthe doesn't just "lay around". It ages and becomes more complex. It's working. ;)

Ok, so it was a poor attempt at humor. :)

Absinthe doesn't just "lay around". It ages and becomes more complex.

Or, it ages badly, and becomes undrinkable...then it's really working.

You think morphing into drain cleaner is easy?

Just thought I'd compound the felony, Bill, always glad to help. :devil: