printmkr

Lucid, and very soon Kübler... who next?

Actually, back on topic:

From an article in today's New York Times...

...selling the Lucid and Kübler already, and next month will see the widespread american release of Absinthe Lehmann Cannabis, a double-threat concoction that is sure to appeal to the college crowd but has some "purists" worried.

" I don't want to see non-traditional drinks like this hijacking absinthe's reputation just because their effect is more powerful. Of course the kids are going to like it if the cannabis is there to augment the natural hallucinogenic properties of the absinthe itself." said one well-known absinthe authority.

...selling the Lucid and Kübler already, and next month will see the widespread american release of Absinthe Lehmann Cannabis, a double-threat concoction that is sure to appeal to the college crowd but has some "purists" worried.

I imagine those Cannabis purists will steer clear as well.

Given the quote from the article Mr. Turkey brings to our attention, I can think of some bottles I would smash with the hammer of "justice".

"It's a song about louche between my brothers and sisters,

All over this land"

~Erik

You forget to capitalize "american".

It sure is obvious that some Americans are trying to capitalize on absinthe... surprise.

Cannabis Absinthe? I can't imagine how that gets legalized unless they just call it cannabis.

I saw Cannabis beer in a store in Hotlanta a couple years ago, so I don't see why not. Just seeds were used if I remember reading it right. They probably do the same with the CA. Just another sales gimic.

I would imagine that — in theory — if you took a decent absinthe and used cannabis seeds as a flavor just as you would coriander or angelica seeds maybe someone skilled could pull it off as simply a flavor.

Maybe...

Given the great popularity of the Cannabis Beer Gimp mentions, I'm sure it'll be a great hit.

I could be wrong, but the smell of pot stinks to me, and "cannabisinthe" sounds like loogie in a bottle. Just my two cents.

I could be wrong, but the smell of pot stinks to me
Nope, you're wrong. You like the smell of pot.

I'm surprised so many of you got a bad hit off this news. Sure it means we may have to weed the bad absinthes out from the good ones, but overall, our stash of righteous absinthe is growing like it was in a hydroponics lab. Keep your expectaions totally high, and your hopes won't get wasted.