Sign in to follow this  
uselessdreamer1

small samples?

Hello all im new to the world of absinthe and i was wondering if anyone sells any small samples to try different absinthes? Since i havent ever tried absinthe and being a poor college student, i cant afford 120+ for something im not sure if i will enjoy. If anyone has anything they reccomend to someone just starting out and would be willing to sell a sample or 2 please post, email, or catch me on AIM.

Thanks,

Ben :cheers:

I answered this in a PM, but for the benefit of other readers, absinthe.de sells a lot of brands in minis. It still ain't cheap, but it's better than buying a whole bottle. Also, never underestimate the willingness of other starving students to chip in on an absinthe shipment. ;)

Threw these little gems in with my recent Belle Amie order. I've been meaning to try the Emile Sapin for a long time, and this time the flask size called my name once too often, and I caved. I'm glad I did, I like the swing-top flask. I also got one of the improved cordon glasses. Very nice.

2086842179_0293ef07a8.jpg

Wow, I haven't had the Sapin in years, oh, the nostalgia.

Maybe I'll be lucky and there'll be a little gifty in my latest Belle Amie order.

The improved cordon glass is indeed much improved. The new stem, which looks a hell of a lot better, and feels better in your hand, also makes the glass shorter, which is a good thing when, for example, you're using the "much-maligned Versinthe fountain™".

Also, the cordon itself is more sharply defined than the previous examples I've gotten.

I've been meaning to try the Emile Sapin for a long time

I use mine to fill my antique topettes, not for consumption.