luna

New member, first order, etc

I've been lurking for a while and just completed my first order at LdF with the boy this weekend. Haven't had absinthe in many years, so I've been reading the forums to get an idea of what to order. Although, last year, a bartender in London kept trying to talk the "American girls" into doing shots of something masquerading as Absinthe. So very sorry that I missed out on that one...

I got an email a bit ago saying our order shipped this morning, so I thought it was as good of time as any to make introductions. I picked up Clandestine (on sale!), Jade 1901 50cl, and Duplais 50cl. We also grabbed 20cl bottles of Jade NO and Edouard, Blanchette, Verte de Fougerolles, and Blanche de Fougerolles. I had my heart set on the UE Rouge, but it's currently out of stock at LdF, and I have no patience. Perique, Royal Combier, and Fraise de bois somehow made it into the cart, too. I suppose curiosity got the better of us.

FWIW, I live in Oklahoma City. Activities include design, photography, eating, napping, and doing things to my house and yard that result in additions to my collection of zoning violations from the historical society and/or City Hall.

Thanks much.

Shabba, I did notice that on the site, but I just.couldn't.wait. It seems like a brilliant reason to HAVE to order again, though, doesn't it?

Derrick, my excuse I've given myself is "but the shipping was so much lower per bottle this way..."

Welcome and well done. Not only have you gotten your Absinthe in the (long run) least expensive way but you have a wide variety of really good things to try. On top of that you read reviews and FAQ's and didn't ask us what to buy. You are my favorite new person of the day so far!!

The UE Rouge is controversial and very, very different. I like it, especially as a second glass.

Welcome! :cheers:

The Edouard and the VdF are my two favorite commercial absinthes. There are a lot of other really good ones in there too.

Thanks, everyone! Our order just arrived this morning. Well, most of it. I guess we get to wait until Monday for the La Bleue, but I'm sure we have enough entertainment to hold us over.

We're currently debating if the Perique would go good with eggs. Damn this need to eat. It will be the end of me.

Pretty avatar, luna.

It looks like I'll be in Oklahoma City, chance willing, for the OU philosophy conference in April. I never thought I'd be able to say that I was looking forward to being in OkC, but here I am.

I've only been there once, right after the bombing. I had been up 3 days from a combination of meth/cross-country greyhound bus. I woke up with a prison guy named "Tiny"'s hands on my boobs, telling me "We're here!"

Ah-hem.

Sorry to bring out baggage, welcome aboard.

cross-country greyhound bus.

When I was in the military, I was sent from Orlando, FL to Sacramento, CA, on a Greyhound.

Three days of PARTY!

New Orleans to El Paso, I don't remember much.

Across the border to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico to buy a lot of Tequila...

Oh hell, enough said!