Sign in to follow this  
existension

Hello all, this is my first post here at the WS and oddly enough today is my birthday. Right now I am kicking back listening to, The Doors Absolutely LIVE alum, and drinking glass of Cladestine. I guess like most Absente minded people I am into art, music, intoxication, and literature. I first tried absinthe 2 years ago when I was living in Orlando and I was taken away by the warm, romantic feeling it induces. I guess at the moment I work as a debt collector and I am saving for college and my next absinthe order. Well, I gotta go becuase fun times are calling and sadly my glass is almost empty (it's sad it's almost empty and the fact that it's gone so quickly, but, eh, it's my birthday!!!!)

PEACE, LOVE & VAMPIRES.

LER III

What's this intoxication thing you speak of? Nope, nope, this is a bunch of teetotalers waiting for the next temperance meetin'.

What's with the small print? Some of us are frickin' old!

And welcome to the Forum! :cheers:

Oh yeah, Vampires suck. ;)

A very happy birthday to you, and welcome! :cheers:

Clandestine? Right Brooks?
Right.

Your question mark is wonky. Try:

"Clandestine" — right, Brooks? Or...

"Clandestine." Right, Brooks?........post-143-1190523125.gif

Existention,

Since you mentioned vampires, I'm going to hijack this thread and ask what it is about vampires that interests you.

I was a monster-movie addict as a kid. The addiction wore off, although I recently spent a full hour watching werewolf transformations on YouTube.

As I got older, the erotic appeal of vampires became obvious. If you vampi-convert while you're still young and cute, you get to stay young and cute forever, which, at age fifty-five, I see as a plus. Then there's the seduction leading to the the mouth-on-neck moment — hot stuff.

As for turning into a bat, or ground fog, or whatever, I truly wish I had those talents.

Killing people wouldn't be hot, nor can I imagine sleeping in a dirt-lined coffin.

Then there's eternal life. Along with the killing, I can't think of anything more awful than eternal life. How could you become attached to anything? How could you still find the world interesting? Having walked the earth for six hundred years, who, besides other vampires, could you relate to? How could you stand going to work for more than a century? If no one offered to do it for me, eventually I'd pound a stake through my own heart.

Even a vampire's dilemmas are interesting.

So......how is it that you're into vampires?

Welcome.

Good questions Brooks. I have been interested in vampires since I was a kid too. Pensieve thinks it is odd since I have a neck phobia but I watch movies and read books (many many books) about them. I am interested too in the questions of dealing with immortality. I think the Highlander films and series did some good work at times exploring the pros and cons.

There are so many different takes on the whole vampire thing and some systems of thought are much more attractive than others. On one end you have the, "demon enters your undead body and you, as the person you once were, no longer exist" school ala Buffy (I am not at all interested in that). On the other end of the scale, one becomes immortal with cool powers and all of your personality intact. One can love and do good if one chooses. I am much more attracted to that idea.

Oh, sorry about the misspelling, yes- I was drinking CLANDESTINE BLUE, my absolute favorite absinthe thus far. As for vampires...I am not really that into them very much actually, I just thought it would be a funny introduction. I am into neck biting to mention it though. I just am not usually a very serious person eventhough I am a bit of an academic. You guys will probably notice that when I post more. I just like to have fun and have tons of laughs, I believe that humor is the best medicine.

I have always been into stand-up comedians. I think they are very underestimated and I believe that they are very gifted philosophers for they give us a view on a great way to approach life. They seem to, 'flutter through life without strife.' I believe that Vaclav Havel said, 'Never take yourself too seriously or you run the risk of looking absolutely rediculous.' I take that to heart, I really do. If you take life to serious I believe you will become a ridiculous person fretting over the petty stuff.

At least that's my approach to the world......

LER III

PS: Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone here seems so nice and it is great to get away from forums where it is all too common to beat down the new comer....

Edited by existension