#1 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

Just a quick note.

I'd like to again encourage everyone here to contribute to the online review section on the main site. It doesn't matter if you're new, just make sure you read the whole guide so that you understand the standards we're applying. Old timers should read it all as well. The little Posted Image guide is very handy as a reminder on how to rate certain criteria. We really need to get that thing filled up, gang. It's pretty weak.

In order to log in to the main site, you have to register there as well. I encourage everyone to do this anyway, since that's where the newsletter will be generated from in the future. Please use your same username.

Thanks!

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin
Distiller, Stone & Szilard Distilling Co.
www.absinthemarteau.com

#2 Daniel Lyons

Daniel Lyons

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

Have you seen the hReview microformat? It'd be cool, though probably geeky and useless, if our site supported that. I didn't check; maybe it already is.

#3 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:55 PM

I'm not really sure. My brain exploded when I tried to read it.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#4 ShaiHulud

ShaiHulud

Dr. Valentin Magnan wannabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

True to my word, two glasses last night and two new reviews today.

We need more though. It's not that hard to do and I know there are better tongues out there than mine. This could really be a great tool for people but with 1-3 reviews per Absinthe the ratings are still pretty subject to an individual fluke. Don't make me go in there and make EdPdF the #1 Blanche.
Litany against fear of Absinthe - I must not fear Absinthe. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Absinthe. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Absinthe has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#5 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

It's true. Get busy people.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#6 dakini_painter

dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

• 3,825 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

I finally got to having another glass of La Ptite and entering my review. My only problem was with the security code. I thought I entered it correctly the first time, but the Computer said sorry, it's wrong. The second one had either a 0 (zero) or a capital O (oh) and I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. It looked skinny, so I chose 0 (zero). Wrong again! Finally on the third try, I must have been careful enough because the Computer said "Good grrl".

"Good is the only investment that never fails." Thoreau.
"Don't you push me baby cause I'm holdin' low / and you know I'm only in it for the gold" Grateful Dead
Distiller and Proprietor, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY. DSP-NY-15019. www.delawarephoenix.com

#7 ShaiHulud

ShaiHulud

• 2,385 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

Nice job.

Hiram and/or other moderators, not only is the review site really buggy for me today (lots of exposed code and "Fatal Error"s when I try to view reviews) but for some reason the review author is showing actual first and last names instead of screen names.

Now, I don't really mind this but I bet some people may be less than comfortable with it and I wonder if it is a glitch rather than a decision. I'm pointing it out just in case. Also, most of us don't know each other's names and so it may be hard to tell who is writing.
Litany against fear of Absinthe - I must not fear Absinthe. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Absinthe. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Absinthe has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#8 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

Yikes! :shock: Far beyond my limited skills!

#9 ShaiHulud

ShaiHulud

• 2,385 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

Come on guys and gals, I know you are drinking co's and not posting reviews. Do you want Hiram, Shabba, Peridot, T73 and Dakini to educate the masses for you? Ok, well, they do a good job but we need your voice and opinion too.

If you are worried about being entertained just read where Shabba keeps leaving the e off anise. He seems to repeatedly love the flavor and aroma of anis. It makes me laugh anyway.

That reminds me, any chance of an edit function in the review module?

#10 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

Actually, it can be spelled both ways, smartass. :harhar: For some reason, I've always used anis, although I know it's the less popular of the two spellings. And neither is similar to anus. ;)

And yes, everyone PLEASE use the module. I know there's been some glitches, but please keep trying.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#11 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

I'd do even more reviews if I had more absinthe.

Hopefully within the next couple of months I'll have a hell of a lot more.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#12 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

Hiram and/or other moderators, not only is the review site really buggy for me today (lots of exposed code and "Fatal Error"s when I try to view reviews) but for some reason the review author is showing actual first and last names instead of screen names. ... I wonder if it is a glitch rather than a decision.

Glitch. It was a picnic for me, too. Seems to be fixed. I was adding new features (see below).

Actually, it can be spelled both ways, smartass. :harhar: For some reason, I've always used anis, although I know it's the less popular of the two spellings. And neither is similar to anus. ;)

Oh, no; certainly not.
Attached File  STAR_ANUS.gif   2.21KB   17 downloads

That reminds me, any chance of an edit function in the review module?

Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.

Submitting New Items:

• Security image verification: Gone
• New item submission: Anyone who's registered on the main site.
• New item moderation: Admin or Review Editor must approve and publish new items submitted. Gone.
• Content editing: Authors can edit their own content; now have access to WYSIWYG editor. Admin or Review Editor may edit if necessary to remove objectionable or offensive language. Please be frank and honest, but constructive.

Submitting Reviews of Existing Items:

• Allow multiple reviews: No. Users may not post more than one review for the same item. Checking is done against IP address and user ID.
• Review moderation: Admin or Review Editor no longer approve and publish new reviews, they go live immediately.
• Review submission: Anyone who's registered on the main site.
• Frontend review editing:

* Displays an [EDIT] link in the review. (only to author; must be logged in)
* Users can edit their own reviews.
* Editor and Admin can edit all reviews.

Review voting ("Was this review helpful?"): Anyone, including non-registered visitors to the site.

Knock yourselves out; we have a lot of catching up to do.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#13 ShaiHulud

ShaiHulud

• 2,385 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.

I love it when you quote the good stuff.

Thanks for all the hard work. Buggy or not, its really a very cool site with cool features. It should be very informative and helpful.

#14 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

FYI to all. The Kübler US version, Taboo, and Absinthe CCC have all been added as categories in the review module. If any of you have tried these, please add your comments!

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#15 Marlow

Marlow

Aeronaut

• Silver Member
  • 899 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:26 AM

I'd like to again encourage everyone here to contribute to the online review section on the main site. It doesn't matter if you're new, just make sure you read the whole guide so that you understand the standards we're applying.

Hiram, I gave the review section on the main site a go, but for some reason my review did not take. I did see a message saying the review would be posted once it had been confirmed, but that was over a week ago, so I suspect I may have neglected an important step, or perhaps there was some sort of server error.

I've also recently found logging into the main site to be rather hit or miss.
Annihilating all that's made
To a green thought in a green shade.

#16 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

It's showing up now.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#17 Marlow

Marlow

Aeronaut

• Silver Member
  • 899 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

So it is, thanks!
Annihilating all that's made
To a green thought in a green shade.

#18 Danny Hawaii

Danny Hawaii

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

Not sure if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to create a separate Vintage Absinthe category?

I tend to use the reviews to search for new absinthes to buy and having all those vintage ones is a little ... distracting.

#19 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

If it's not too difficult to put together, I would agree that they should be separated out.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#20 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Some expert reviews tell the date they were posted/edited, but others do not. I'd like to see dates for when each was posted, mainly to have an idea as to when in the time frame of availability the absinthe was reviewed. Also, to get a sense of which batch might have been reviewed if the regular reviews show a difference from one period of time to another.

Edit::: I found what I thought was missing! Sheesh. It makes me realize the separate spots for the expert review and the info as to who did it and when was discussed are mentioned in a thread I cannot immediately find.

Edited by scuto, 30 June 2008 - 01:38 PM.

"The Saint when he is drinking/Is also pleasing God/As if he were praying and singing." - Angelus Silesius, quoted in Simmel's On Individuality and Social Forms, p.391. (Yay for classical sociology!)

"Full bottle in front of me/Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/And after many glasses of work/I get paid in the brain" - They Might Be Giants "Your Own Worst Enemy."

"I've an absinthe factory in my head" (jcbphd, 2009). [Liberties taken. -ed.]

#21 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

If it's not too difficult to put together, I would agree that they should be separated out.

Easy-peasy.

I've often considered it, but I also thought it was interesting to note how they scored against other absinthes. I think I know a way around that.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#22 Marc

Marc

absintheoriginals.com

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

I vote "separated out" too.
But let's see what you come up with.

#23 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

They'll be separated, but the "Top Rated Absinthes" link will rank them all together.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#24 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Should be all set. Click around on stuff and make sure it all works. Let me know if I missed any.

There may be a couple of wonky things, I'm working on the site at the moment.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#25 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

You broke the menu bar or absomphe.

#26 Danny Hawaii

Danny Hawaii

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

It's working perfectly for me, I don't see any broken anythings.

Thanks very much for that, Hiram. Makes it a great shopping tool.

#27 PeterL

PeterL

• PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Easy-peasy.

"Easy - Peasy" Brooks from Shawshank Redemption? or was it easy-peasy-japaneasy.
""Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life,define yourself."

Harvey Fierstien

#28 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,723 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

You broke the menu bar or absomphe.

I bend, but I never break.

Although this arthritis is threatening to make a liar out of me. ;)

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#29 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

Must be the green fairy playing tricks on my eyes, I thought I remember the menu bar with the choices of "FORUM ƒAQ ABSINTHE PREPARATION ..." etc. being higher up.

#30 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Helfrich Verte and Prototype 36 now also available for review.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association