AlyssaDyane

Kübler UPDATE!

I finally got mine. After 4:00pm when I was promised it would reach me before noon.

Now I'm having troubles with a different courier over some glassware I ordered from La Maison d'Absinthe. It was on the truck to be delivered as of this morning, a day ahead of the "estimated delivery" date. But then they decided to take it back to the facility before 3:00 because it wasn't due yet and rescheduled for tomorrow. Then they tried to tell me I couldn't pick it up until a delivery attempt had been made. I was pretty forceful about it and now they say I can. I'm about to head out and see if they've changed their minds.

I love buying stuff online but shipping is really turning into headaches that last between 18 and 72 hours per package.

Just curious of all at the mercy of the Monkeys.

Are you all suffering at the hands of the same brown-clad Monkeys, or is there a variety?

I've had deliveries refused by the Brown Monkeys with the claim that my address did not exist. I've also had them botched by delivering box 1 of 2 to the wrong address (next door...different number, obviously different name) and 2 of the same 2 correctly. THEN, hassle me about trying to locate 1 of 2, then they asked me to meet the Monkey at the wrong address instead of that Monkey bringing said box to my door as is his job and a service I paid for.

I always specify "other-than-brown" Monkeys when I order...just in case. They are not in my happy place. In other places in the country where I've lived, I would swear by them...here, I swear *at* them.

There have been multiple occasions of this, too.

Trid

-Is it a mystery why I pronounce it "oops"

After all the shipping shit I have been through I'm thinking

The good ol post office is the way to go. Granted sometimes a little slower

but I never had any issues.

Shop early folks. If you don't like the service you get now......you don't want to wait until the third week in November.

Lots of tears have been shed by waiting. It happened to me a few years ago while waiting on a six bottle order. Happy third of January. :thumbdown:

Until then, drink up my friends or should I say stock up? B)

:cheers:

Butch,

My new wet shaving and razor fascination has me comparing shipping times lately.

USPS: 2 days from NY on two separate orders.

Brown Monkeys: 7 freekin' days from CT.

The Red Monkeys have been getting better lately but still are my least favorite primates.

Granted this was not alcohol being shipped and it seems the USPS has something against shipping potables so your mileage may vary. The Post Office has been blowing my mind the past few years with their sheer speed in delivery times and also in the aloof attitude of the counter help. Quite the paradox.

I don't care if they take a long time as long as that's what the tracking says. But I'm getting tired of spending hours on the phone with customer service straightening out their stupid mistakes and then driving all over town to find out I have to go back home, call customer service, and wait another day for my delivery.

Especially the buttular region.

Are you all suffering at the hands of the same brown-clad Monkeys, or is there a variety?
USPS: 2 days from NY on two separate orders.

Brown Monkeys: 7 freekin' days from CT.

The Red Monkeys have been getting better lately but still are my least favorite primates.

I know it's force of habit, but you guys do realize we're talking about perfectly legal shipments here, right? ;)

Granted this was not alcohol being shipped and it seems the USPS has something against shipping potables
Not all potables, just intoxicating liquors having 0.5 percent or more alcoholic content are nonmailable.

I'm thinking with the advent of US absinthe, more strict prohibitions on spirits shipping licensee-to-customer with all the monkeys, and the fact that more shipments are finishing their final trip via USPS anyway, maybe it's time we all just talk about UPS, DHL and FedEx. Whattayathink?

the fact that more shipments are finishing their final trip via USPS anyway

I've spent the last three days waiting to retrieve a package from the USPS that originated in the UK. That can only be my LdF shipment, which has never before come by any other method than private courier. So this is a sudden, industry-wide change? What prompted it?

Funny story, I just started working for the white trucks yesterday to be a tracking phone rep. In November shifts are going to extend to 12 hours 6 days. I have to go through four weeks of training before I'm put on a phone (this is a very good thing). I'm looking forward to to helping thousands of people in locating late/lost packages. Wait.

No I'm not.

Brrrrring! Brrrrring! Brrrrring!

Automated voiceover: All of White trucks customer service reps are busy handling other customers. Please stay on the line for the next available customer service rep.

<Inane musak plays>

Peridot: Fuck. Stupid scumbags put me on hold right from the start. Good thing I have a speakerphone. Think I'll play some Metallica.

<waiting, Peridot plays some Metallica on his guitar.>

Brrrrring! Brrrrring! <Peridot is being connected>

Poor: White trucks customer service, can I help you?

Peridot: Probably not. Your computerized tracking system said you were to deliver my package today. You didn't.

Poor: I'm sorry sir but I'm in customer service, I don't actually deliver any packages. We have White Trucks for that.

I'll leave it up to you to decide how the conversation goes from here.

Customer Service: "I'm sorry for any inconvenience."

Me: "No you're not!"

CS: "uh..."

Me: "This is just a job to you. It's much more important than that for me. But since you're just chilling out in your little cubicle with your little headset in front of your little computer, knowing that one customer's dissatisfaction amounts to jack and shit in your world, you take the easy path of doing nothing while telling me you're sorry about it."

CS: "That's not really fair..."

Me: "No, it's not fair. It really sucks. And when you people screw up it's always before a weekend so that you make sure I have to wait extra long to get it straightened out."

CS: "But the package is in a lockbox and we can't get to it until..."

Me: "If your company actually cared about meeting its commitments it would cut the lock."

CS: "Well, the lock isn't the problem... it's unsorted with thousands of other packages in front of it..."

Me: "I have all night."

CS: "Well, that service centre closes at 7:30..."

Me: "Right. It's just a job. I get it. It's inconvenient and I'm screwed. Right?"

CS: "We're really sorry..."

Me: "Oh shut up."

*click*

Btw, I hate Metallica on principle. :)

I see Peridot really knows how to make them squirm. :laf:

My package has left Saint Rose, LA and arrived at a secret FedEx location in Memphis.

Supposedly, on the 11th it'll be delivered. As Peridot would say, supposedly. ;)

Order placed... thank the powers that be for PayPal sometimes. They allow you to order on the evening before your paycheck gets deposited to the bank :)

My delivery guy will have a brown truck.. and hopefully arrive friday..... when I am home!

I am looking forward to numbing my tongue. :laugh:

There is new "phraseology" for saying sorry.

"I DO apologize!"

"You need to emphasize with the customer and make them believe you truly care about the package."

Luckily I have four weeks of training to sit in a classroom and pretend to pay attention before I actually get sent to the "Fishbowl". The way I figure it I can waste time in class for a few weeks, soak up a couple grand and start a new job just in the nick of time.

It would be a decent job for most, but I hate offices and cannot stand sitting for more than a short period of time.

Plus everyone that works there is mentally handicapped, or at least the only thing that they can talk about is whatever they tevo'd the night before. Troglodytes.

I really need to go to school or else my jobs are just going to get worse and worse.

OT: After work today I'm going to pick up a $50 Visa gift card and order a bottle of Kübler. Will this be enough, or should I get a slightly larger card to cover a hidden fee?

PS- My teacher says "You know" at least once a sentence, sometimes twice. Is it wrong for me to want to stab her in the eye with my pen?

I've heard people say the charge is $51.99.

I really need to go to school or else my jobs are just going to get worse and worse.

That does seem to be the case.

However, most jobs that actually pay anything these days seem to involve offices.

My bottle arrived last Friday via UPS. I ws out running some errands and saw the truck turning into a side road so I followed him till he stopped. The driver was nice enough to give me the package since it required a signature and I would not have been at home when he went by.

Slight funk in the aroma that dissipates quickly. No noticable funk in the flavor. Not bad for the price.

PS- My teacher says "You know" at least once a sentence, sometimes twice. Is it wrong for me to want to stab her in the eye with my pen?

It is not wrong to want to do it, however, it is wrong to actually do it.

Y'know if you really wish to and y'know what you're doing and you know that teacher knows, why not as long as you know.

Like, definitely not, like I think you're, like, perfectly justified, like she's, like, a teacher, like, you know? :twitchsmile:

WAAAARRRRRGHHH!!!

Dont the Germans have a phrase that they toss onto the end of a sentence that does not really mean anything?

Assu? (sic)?

I just read Mark Twains explanation of the Horrible German Language, and when not in tears from laughter, I was thankful for never learning the language.

A language that makes even less sense than English?

Who'da Thunkit?

Not "assu". "weisste" oder "weisst du" would be "you know". why so harsh with the German language right now? was there some sort of trigger for it in the thread i overlooked?