AlyssaDyane

Kübler UPDATE!

I ordered a bottle of Kübler, though, I am a bit skeptical about how they might have to alter the recipe. I am not one of those 'I need thujone to trip' drinkers, but, I will be a bit upset if I they altered it in any way to sell to the US marker because as it was stated, they did not! I know thujone isn't the most important herb, it is just out of principle that I would get upset. I hope someday people realize that people who drink absinthe should be the least of their concern. I don't get why certain countries like, France and America, have to set regualtions on herbs. I don't get why they are so opposed to Fennel, but anise they are not concerned about and in the US they are so concerned about thujone and not fennel...I just don't get why...

You know those silly little emoticons that drive some people crazy? They also help to communicate subtext, letting the readers know when you're joking, screwing around, being serious or sarcastic. I assume Poor is joking around but I could see Existension thinking Poor was sincerely calling him a jerk (Please read New Members section on flaming). Communicate carefully, please and :PLAYNICE:

On the off-chance Poor was being sincere and indeed had a friend OD on fennel, my sincere apologies to your friend who must went far out of his/her way to induce fennel poisoning! Other than a possible allergic reaction, it looks fairly harmless. ;)

Moderation is a terrible thing.

My feelings, to a T, Pan.

Feast or famine, I say, as I continue to voluntarily "starve" myself, so to speak. :twitchsmile:

I got a email just a couple of days ago from drinkupny saying Kübler 53 would available soon.

Kübler 53 isnt my favorite but it is far better than lucid (imho)

51.99 (1 liter) and free shipping.....

Pan Buh, moderation is the only thing i do in moderation :twitchsmile:

Yeah, I believe that italics indicate sarcasm...so try to utilize them from now on because I was about to feel awful....now I think you're a jerk! Notice I didn't use italics.

I am so excited about Kübler though because I have heard such good reviews on it and for the price you can't beat it. Who knows, it could becom my regular drink. I almost can't wait. I almost feel like Eric Cartman waiting for his Nintendo Wii, I want to speed up time...I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT.

Edited by existension

Kübler is looking at this market long term & that is reflective in the pricing. I don't see Lucid being much of a competitor.

I especially appreciate the liter size bottle & reasoning "when you have a party, you don't want to run out".

Fair price & a sense of humor. :cheers: Now to buy some & age it.

I am sorry. I have a true and utter hatred of emoticons, at least my own use of them. In the future I will use italics to show humor.

I am sorry. I have a true and utter hatred of emoticons, at least my own use of them. In the future I will use italics to show humor.

Thanks! I don't blame you for disliking the emoticons and I know you aren't alone. Like I said, I assumed you weren't serious but I didn't want a new member to get his (or her) toes stepped on. I hope I wasn't being over sensitive!

I have a true and utter hatred of emoticons

Speaking as someone who has had an emoticon named after him (and one of the few to mysteriously disappear from this site), I must say I'm personally offended by that comment...however, since you hate emoticons, you should be aware that, out of courtesy to you, that I didn't preface this post with a 'sarcasm alert' emoticon, nor will I end it with a 'winky guy' emoticon.

How cool is that?

That'll help keep things clear, since the rest of the world uses italics for emphasis.
Speaking as someone who has had an emoticon named after him (and one of the few to mysteriously disappear from this site) ...
Sorry, Absomphe, it was a really annoying one though, and terribly overused (not just by you). It was pretty hard to look at first thing in the morning. It just kept ... bouncing and bouncing and bouncing and bouncing and bouncing and bouncing.

Here's an emoticon for ya: :yahoo:

drinkupny.com is listing Kübler 53 as in stock, not preordering...oh happy times. My first bottle of legally-purchased-in-the-US absinthe. Held off on Lucid for a while now. Waiting for something better to come down the pike rather than purchasing it just for the sake of purchasing it. It appears to have received mediocre reviews.

*edit* I guess I should have read Marcel's post before posting. You leave a message board for a while and forget how things work.

I ordered yesterday, and was quite surprised to find that it shipped today. Delivery is scheduled for thursday ... hopefully, some time when I'm home.

In any case, I don't work friday. :thumbup:

Edited by ThaddeusLysander

Mine too! For those who have such packages delivered to work, how does that go over at your employer's front desk? I hesitated to take that option, so I will undoubtedly have to arrange to pick up my delivery from the local monkeys after they find me not home on Friday.

Mine too! For those who have such packages delivered to work, how does that go over at your employer's front desk? I hesitated to take that option, so I will undoubtedly have to arrange to pick up my delivery from the local monkeys after they find me not home on Friday.

Ah, yes the delivery. Perhaps the hardest part of actually getting the drink.

I cannot have it shipped to work, so what I do is leave a note for the monkeys

and have my neighbor sign for it...

The easiest way I've found so far.

I have most everything shipped to my office. As soon as it arrives, someone brings it to my desk. Talk about good service. B)

The management doesn't seem to mind as long as I keep it low profile.

I usually share with a few co-workers, that always helps. :)

Another option is to contact the local distribution center (for whichever monkey serves ya) when the item arrives, but before it is loaded on the truck for delivery. A quick phone call early the morning of the predicted delivery and they hold it for me. I stop by on my lunch hour and don't have to worry that they missed me at home, carted it back to the truck, and trundled it about town for another 24 hours. One of the few reasons to get up a little early (for this night owl)...

post-97-1191371460.jpg

(Oh, my Kübler order, along with a bottle of Sazerac Rye, is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Yeah!)

Welcome back!

Thanks! I'm excited as hell about all the news. I'm waiting for a couple of vertes to start showing up on this side of pond. I'm just wondering who's going to take the first leap. I'd really like to see the Duplais products see the light of day over here, though something tells me it won't be happening anytime soon...if at all.