AlyssaDyane

Kübler UPDATE!

Woops. Double post. I shall fill this space with a limerick.

There once was a man from France

Who was often seen sans his pants

When he would go out

He'd show his trouser trout

And for a dollar, he'd make it dance

Wha cha!

Wee! Good news for me! Where I found $60 for 750ml of a so-so product out of range, $50 for one liter of an above so-so product fits nicely. One thing I would like to know, It seems like everyone starts out in New York, understandable as it has the largest market in the states. I can also understand trying going for LA next as it is the second largest market in the US. It is amazing how so many companies seem to forget the third largest market. There is indeed a rather large area tao cover between NY and LA. Will I have to wait until this time next year to see lucid in Chicago and another six months for Kübler? Perhaps I need to bother the fellows at Binneys until they order a case. Perhaps I am the only absinthe fan in Chicago? It really does feel like it.

Terrific news! My bottle of K53 is just about out. While not at the top of my list, it sure beats a lot of the other bottles I've acquired the last couple of years. And for the price, it's an easy purchase.

Question: Any liquor stores in Vegas worth contacting for purchase/shipping? Or is it better to wait for the good folks in NY?

This will be fun to forward to a friend of ours who owns a bistro here in town. He has spoken to the manager of the state run liquor store about Lucid and will be getting a case of that. Interesting developments.

Hiya, T,

He's suggested an interest in an event of some sort. We shall see.

Had a very nice meeting of a mutual friend and wife a short time ago.

"Baby steps" as they say in the (some) movies.

Let's not lose track of the big picture.

Whether some of us like Kübler or Lucid or not is almost insignificant. Every time a legitimate absinthe becomes available in the U.S., that's reason to celebrate. Thankfully, it was Jade Lite and Kübler, not KoS or Staroplznecky. We have legitimate absinthe knocking at the U.S. door, not Hills. Very soon, we should have exceptional absinthe being made here and available here.

I'm sorry if Lucid or Kübler isn't what everyone loves to have but I'm delighted with the progress. Drift back in time only a few years ago and remember what we had. I can't wait to put a bottle of Kübler on my bar right next to the Lucid. :cheers:

Extremely good point, that we all need to focus on. We are getting REAL absinthe over here, from the get-go. Better still, the fakey shit isn't being sold period. We aren't seeing Hill's or Star, or KoS(hit) being sold here right off the bat. It is the real deal.

Look, I know a lot of folks turn their nose at Lucid, and even Kübler 53, but we can't deny that these are IF NOTHING ELSE, real absinthe. Better still, they are (fairly) appropriately marketed.

I can't wait to walk into my local booze-shop and tell him (after years of saying 'it's gonna happen') yeah, two of those over there, please.

Thanks Hiram. I was gonna say 'I have been saying this for over a year now as well', haha!

If you are so inclined to consider it, to the hobbyists out there, a brief but golden chance is happening right now.

Something about lightning in a bottle perhaps.

If you are so inclined to consider it, to the hobbyists out there, a brief but golden chance is happening right now.

Something about lightning in a bottle perhaps.

Shining by the light of the moon, perchance?

I just asked DrinkUpNY about getting Kübler. With my recent seizure problem from DUNY, I have to make another order, and it would be great to get Kübler from them.

Funny, I sent them an email earlier asking the same thing.

And if they will be carring it, will they be taking orders in advance..

It's pretty amazing how fast all this seems to be happening.

Edited by Butch

I just sent drinkupNY.com an email requesting they carry Kübler 53 and Bluecoat gin. One stop shopping would be very nice and well, free shipping is free shipping.

The ball is rolling. :thumbup:

It's not a K53 update, but I sent the CEO of Viridian Spirits a little email yesterday asking when they ( or rather Lucid) would be available in Las Vegas, and he promptly replied, about late October. Coincidence, perhaps? Still good news for my semi annual visits there.